Options

how to get the model description

senniangsenniang Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
How can I log the output from our models?
I took the training and learned how to log model parameters and  model performance. But I am also interested in get information about the actual model, for the description tab in the model output, I wish I could attach an image of what I am trying to say....

Answers

• Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,508 RM Data Scientist
    Hi senniang,

You can store the model itself as well. Than you can have a look in the repository. Or do you want to store e.g. the decision tree as an png on hard disc?

Best,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Options
    JEdwardJEdward RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 578 Unicorn
    Hi Senniang,

I think you mean the model text description in the results window. 
    Method 1: Use RapidMiner Server
    If you are using RapidMiner Server then create a webservice or reporting component a process that returns the model you want to build. 
    Next choose Output = HTML & select either "text/html" or "text/plain" as the MIME type. 

Method 2: If you don't have RapidMiner Server and want to extract the details through RapidMiner Studio.

Whilst I believe you can get at this through the Execute Script operator I confess that I haven't tried & don't want to give you any untested methods. 
    One easy way to access this then is to install the reporting extension and then export the information you want as part of your report.
    See below process for an example. 
    (please note: Method 1 is much easier IMO)
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
    <process version="6.3.000">
      <context>
        <input/>
        <output/>
        <macros/>
      </context>
      <operator activated="true" class="process" compatibility="6.3.000" expanded="true" name="Process">
        <process expanded="true">
          <operator activated="true" class="retrieve" compatibility="6.3.000" expanded="true" height="60" name="Retrieve Sonar" width="90" x="45" y="255">
            <parameter key="repository_entry" value="//Samples/data/Sonar"/>
          </operator>
          <operator activated="true" class="naive_bayes" compatibility="6.3.000" expanded="true" height="76" name="Naive Bayes" width="90" x="112" y="75"/>
          <operator activated="true" class="reporting:generate_report" compatibility="5.3.000" expanded="true" height="76" name="Generate Report" width="90" x="246" y="75">
            <parameter key="report_name" value="demo_naivebayes"/>
            <parameter key="format" value="HTML"/>
            <parameter key="repository_entry" value="//Local Repository/processes/demo"/>
            <parameter key="html_output_directory" value="ENTER YOUR OUTPUT DIRECTORY HERE"/>
          </operator>
          <operator activated="true" class="reporting:report" compatibility="5.3.000" expanded="true" height="60" name="Report" width="90" x="246" y="210">
            <parameter key="report_item_header" value="demo_description"/>
            <parameter key="specified" value="true"/>
            <parameter key="reportable_type" value="Distribution Model"/>
            <parameter key="renderer_name" value="Text View"/>
            <list key="parameters"/>
          </operator>
          <operator activated="true" class="reporting:report" compatibility="5.3.000" expanded="true" height="60" name="Report (2)" width="90" x="313" y="345">
            <parameter key="report_item_header" value="distribution_att1"/>
            <parameter key="specified" value="true"/>
            <parameter key="reportable_type" value="Distribution Model"/>
            <parameter key="renderer_name" value="Plot View"/>
            <list key="parameters">
              <parameter key="attribute_name" value="attribute_1"/>
              <parameter key="range_" value="."/>
              <parameter key="rotate_labels" value="false"/>
            </list>
          </operator>
          <connect from_op="Retrieve Sonar" from_port="output" to_op="Naive Bayes" to_port="training set"/>
          <connect from_op="Naive Bayes" from_port="model" to_op="Generate Report" to_port="through 1"/>
          <connect from_op="Generate Report" from_port="through 1" to_op="Report" to_port="reportable in"/>
          <connect from_op="Report" from_port="reportable out" to_op="Report (2)" to_port="reportable in"/>
          <connect from_op="Report (2)" from_port="reportable out" to_port="result 1"/>
          <portSpacing port="source_input 1" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_result 1" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_result 2" spacing="0"/>
        </process>
      </operator>
    </process>
  • Options
    senniangsenniang Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
    Thank you all for the help. I want to get the model description for the next step computation. I want to be able to automate the process. Is there any operator that allows me to write the model into an excel or a data table in RM?