AlreadyRegisteredException?!

SguishSguish Member Posts: 13 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hello,
I was ready to launch my application for the first time and I got a com/rapidminer/license/AlreadyRegisteredException. Now, since I'm developing on the very same machine I've got RapidMiner installed on, what is he complaining for?!? RapidMiner is initialized like in the FAQ post, btw.
Thank you!
Tagged:

Best Answer

• adrian_wilkeadrian_wilke Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
    Solution Accepted

Hi there,

I had the same problem building RapidMiner 7.4.0 on Kubuntu Linux.

• git clone https://github.com/rapidminer/rapidminer-studio.git
    • ... played around ...
    • git reset --hard ; git clean -fxd :/
    • cd .. ; mv rapidminer-studio rapidminer-studio-core ; cd rapidminer-studio-core
    • chmod +x gradlew ; ./gradlew jar
    • java -cp build/libs/rapidminer-studio-core-7.4.0.jar com.rapidminer.RapidMiner
      -> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/rapidminer/license/AlreadyRegisteredException

After I manually added the files from

https://maven.rapidminer.com/content/groups/public/com/rapidminer/license/rapidminer-license-api/3.1.0/rapidminer-license-api-3.1.0.jar

to the rapidminer-studio-core-7.4.0.jar, the error message changed to

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/vlsolutions/swing/docking/ui/DockingUISettings

Seems like the required files are not included in the Jar package.

Answers

• JEdwardJEdward RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 578 Unicorn
    Which version of RapidMiner do you have & which licence?  You might need a developer licence from the sales guys at RM to be able to integrate like that with the latest RM. 
  • SguishSguish Member Posts: 13 Contributor II
    I've got 7.1.00 version. The fact is: how can my company buy RapidMiner without first knowing if it's suitable for its development needs? As a mining tool is state of art and it seemed logical to use it as the engine of mining tools built inside our own software, but it's difficult to take any step without any possibility to try it.
  • MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,497 RM Data Scientist
    Hi,

we can simply talk to find a solution :). Just contact me directly at mschmitz @ rapidminer.com and I will distribute your request to the appropriate persons in our organization.

Best,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

Can you please post the entire stacktrace? Your code that triggers it would be helpful as well.

Regards,
    Marco
  • mertomerto Member Posts: 8 Contributor II
    I have the same problem.

Here is the trace when compiled jar is imported into a new project:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/rapidminer/license/AlreadyRegisteredException
    at Main.main(Main.java:41)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
    at com.intellij.rt.execution.application.AppMain.main(AppMain.java:144)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.rapidminer.license.AlreadyRegisteredException
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:331)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
    ... 6 more
    Program fails when setting the execution mode:

public static void main(String[] args) throws OperatorException, RepositoryException, IOException, XMLException {
            // write your code here

System.setProperty("RAPIDMINER_HOME", "C:\\dev\\tools\\rapidminer-studio-master");

RapidMiner.setExecutionMode(RapidMiner.ExecutionMode.COMMAND_LINE);
            RapidMiner.init();
    Same problem is present in RM6.5. Is the error related to a license you mentioned before?
  • Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

thank you for the feedback! Could you please also post the contents of your build.gradle file? I cannot reproduce the problem on my end so far :(

Regards,
    Marco
    I have several problems when compiling. The only way that worked for me was to set the version in props.gradle to XXX-SNAPSHOT. Otherwise an error regarding signing a jar was thrown:

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
    Execution failed for task ':jar'.
    > Cannot create signed jar for rapidminer-studio-master. Missing keystore property.

* Try:
    Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED

If the version name consisted of "*-SNAPSHOT" the build proceeded and stucked at task generateGitRevFile with an error that a repository was not found. A quick fix consisted of commenting out the offending lines, manually defining the revision number and creating a file tmp/generateGitRev/gitrev. After that the build was successful.

Next step was was to make a process with the compiled rapidminer jar. The problem like described by Sguish  was the exception described in the previous post.

Here are some config files:
    build.gradle
    gradle.properties
    props.gradle

ps: I am missing something or there is no option how to attach a pic or file in the forum?

• SguishSguish Member Posts: 13 Contributor II
    Here I am, a bit late. :)

My stacktrace is very similar to Merto's:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/rapidminer/license/AlreadyRegisteredException
    at rapidminerstuff.modelCore.init(modelCore.java:126)
    at rapidminerstuff.TEVTree.init(TEVTree.java:27)
    at rapidminerstuff.GUIMinerStuff.<init>(GUIMinerStuff.java:26)
    at rapidminerstuff.RapidMinerStuff.main(RapidMinerStuff.java:21)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.rapidminer.license.AlreadyRegisteredException
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:331)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
    ... 4 more
    C:\PATH\executor-snippets\run.xml:53: Java returned: 1
    BUILD FAILED (total time: 1 second)
    If I comment the RapidMiner init() stuff, of course, it works. 
    Hei,
    have maybe anyone of you found a solution for this issue?
    Hi,

sadly I don't know why this happens. I have forwarded the issue to the appropriate team.

Regards,
    Marco
  • mmichelmmichel Employee, Member Posts: 129 RM Engineering

Hopefully this preview guide should solve the mentioned problems.

• LaverneLaverne Member Posts: 2 Newbie
    This class is deprecated. Deprecated components of Microsoft DirectX 9.0 for Managed Code are considered obsolete. While these components are still supported in this release of DirectX 9.0 for Managed Code, they may be removed in the future.