Options

RapidMiner in OSGi container

daviddonohuedaviddonohue Member Posts: 8 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hello!  I have RapidMiner running in my OSGi application.  However I am having trouble permitting plugins and weka to work in this framework.  (I would like to add e.g. Weka's M5 Prime learner to my application).

The problem seems easy to solve.  I have weka.jar and rapidminer.jar in the same bundle, and I would like to tell RM to register all Weka operators that are available in the bundle's classpath.

I have tried a number of things to get RM to recognize the weka operators, like this:
WekaOperatorFactory woFactory = new WekaOperatorFactory();
woFactory.registerOperators(getClass().getClassLoader());

but without success.  I'd be grateful if you have any insights.  Thanks!
Best,
David
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi David,
    unfortunatly I'm not familiar with the needs of OSGi applications. And I would have to spend more time to get into that, than I could do for each forum post. Support at this level of detail is restricted to our enterprise customers, since I cannot live from answering forum posts alone :)

But perhabs some of the other users have experience with that problem?

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    aborgaborg Member Posts: 66 Contributor II
    Hi David,

Probably this is no longer interesting, but I have created an OSGified version of the latest open source version of RapidMiner: https://github.com/aborg0/rapidminer/tree/osgi It might be not the best integration, but the basics seems to be working. If someone wants to try it, feel free to contact me. Bug reports, pull requests are welcome. :) (It is not final yet, but might be a good starting point.)
    Cheers, gabor