"Run a process using GUI saved Templates from Java Api?"

yyssryyssr Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited June 2019 in Help
Hi I'm new to the forum, searched around a little bit and noticed no one attempted to open a process from Java
using RM Templates. opening a process with .xml works fine for me and want to explore further.

By opening a Template I'd also like to pass on a list of operators and parameters by specifying their names.
Is this feature ever supported?

Thank you a lot.

Answers

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

I must admit I never had do anything with the RM templates via java, so all I can say is that you may want to have a look at the TemplateWizardDialog class (which is responsible for the Template dialog you see when opening templates in RapidMiner), see how parameters are handled there and then look at the Template class which comes with several constructors, for example one that takes a File as its parameter and then explore things from there.

Regards,
    Marco
  • yyssryyssr Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
    Thanks for the reply, Marco.
    I'll give it a try.

Now I have another issue Id need to resolve.
    That is when Im working with many operators on RM
    the GUI layout gets automatically re-arranged so that they
    are all lined up neatly one by one. Just like clicking the
    "Arrange Operators" option. This happens unexpectedly
    and periodically. How can I stop RM from auto-arranging
    the layout of my operators?
  • Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

there is no such option as far as I am aware. The code to rearrange the layout is only called when using the action via button or menu entry or shortcut.
    Either you accidently clicked on the "Auto arrange" button or you activated it by its ALT+G shortcut I suppose.

Regards,
    Marco