"Which to choose? Text Plugin, or Text Process Extension?"

gfyanggfyang Member Posts: 29 Maven
edited May 2019 in Help
Hi,

Previously, I used Text Plugin, and it worked well. Now I find that RM 5.x has the Text Process Extension. Is it better than Text Plugin?

BTW, there is a detailed tutorial for Text Plugin, so I know how to integrate it into my application in JAVA. Now, I could not find such tutorial. I think the integration using JAVA is different now. How different, and how to use in jAVA?

Thanks a lot.

gfyang

Answers

• landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    the Text Processing Extension was a new and completely revised version of the original Text Plugin. Now the Text Processing Extension is maintained by Rapid-I and is updated according to updates in RapidMiner Core.

The integration hasn't changed that much. It still is build a process and executing. See the Java API of RapidMiner for details.
    But please be aware that RapidMiner 5 now is published under AGPL3 and your programs needs to be licensed under the AGPL3, too!

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • MarkusMarkus Member, University Professor Posts: 6 University Professor
    Hi Sebastian

Am I correct in assuming that the R extension cannot be used in combination with the Text Processing extension?

Cheers

Markus
  • nawafpowernawafpower Member Posts: 34 Contributor II
    After I have been using the Text Processing operators for long, I don't know where did it go, suddenly I lost the Text Processing and don't know how to return it back.
  • Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

well what did you do? My simple test project in Eclipse has the RapidMiner_Unuk and RapidMiner_Plugin_TextProcessing_Unuk projects in the buildpath and then just calls

RapidMiner.setExecutionMode(com.rapidminer.RapidMiner.ExecutionMode.COMMAND_LINE);
    RapidMiner.init();
    before executing a process which contains text processing operators. Works like a charm.

Regards,
    Marco