./gradlew initializeExtensionProject ERROR

Fred12Fred12 Member Posts: 344 Unicorn
edited November 2018 in Help

hi,

I followed the "How to extend Rapidminer 7" tutorial pdf on to the point with the command ./gradlew initializeExtensionProject

I get an error:

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Task 'initializeExtensionProject' not found in root project 'rapidminer-extension-template-master'.

* Try:
Run gradlew tasks to get a list of available tasks. Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED

what am I doing wrong? I imported the rapidminer-extension-template into the workspace...

my workspace is still missing src/main/java and several other folders...

asdasd.PNG

Tagged:

Answers

• mmichelmmichel Employee, Member Posts: 129 RM Engineering

Hi Fred,

which version of the 'com.rapidminer.extension' gradle plugin are you using? Version 0.8.2. should include the task.

The plugins and versions are defined in the build.gradle file.

Cheers,

Marcel

• Fred12Fred12 Member Posts: 344 Unicorn

I downloaded it from the Rapidminer github source page, no idea what the actual version is...

Hi Fred,

the plugins and versions are defined in the build.gradle file. Please verify the mentioned version number.

If the version number is greater or equal 0.8.2 you should be able execute the following task from console:

./gradlew --refresh-dependencies iEP

Cheers,

Marcel

gradle.properties file shows its version = 1.0.0

after I executed your command and the one in the manual, it gives an error:

PS C:\Users\x\workspace\rapidminer-extension-template-master> ./gradlew --refresh-dependencies iEP
    :ideaProject

BUILD SUCCESSFUL

Total time: 50.354 secs
    PS C:\Users\x\workspace\rapidminer-extension-template-master> ./gradlew initializeExtensionProject

* What went wrong:
    Task 'initializeExtensionProject' not found in root project 'rapidminer-extension-template-master'.

* Try:
    Run gradlew tasks to get a list of available tasks. Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --inf
    or -
    -debug
    option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED

Hi Fred,

the gradle.properties contains only the version of your extension. So please open the build.gradle file and check for the following line:

plugins { id 'com.rapidminer.extension' version '0.8.2' }

It's a little bit strange that the result of the 

./gradlew --refresh-dependencies iEP

command isnot the same, because iEP should be mapped to initializeExtensionProject.

What happens if you execute the batch file?

gradlew.bat initializeExtensionProject

I get another error:

* What went wrong:

* Try:
    Run gradlew tasks to get a list of available tasks. Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --inf
    or -
    -debug
    option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED

Total time: 3.82 secs

I have 0.8.2:

plugins { id 'com.rapidminer.extension' version '0.8.2' }

maybe they changed something in their packages and files are missing?

Hi Fred,

maybe it's a caching issue.

The 'rapidminer-extension-template-master' folder should contain a hidden '.gradle' folder (notice the DOT). Please delete it. The folder will be recreated every time you run a gradle task.

After you've removed the folder try to execute the

./gradlew tasks

command to retrieve the list of the available gradle tasks. If initializeExtensionProject is listed we are fine and you can try to execute the task, otherwise we need to come up with a different solution (in this case please post the ouput of the previous command).

Cheers,

Marcel

C:\Users\x\workspace\rapidminer-extension-template-master>gradlew tasks
    :tasks

------------------------------------------------------------
    All tasks runnable from root project
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Default tasks: installExtension

Build tasks
    -----------
    assemble - Assembles the outputs of this project.
    build - Assembles and tests this project.
    buildDependents - Assembles and tests this project and all projects that depend on it.
    buildNeeded - Assembles and tests this project and all projects it depends on.
    classes - Assembles classes 'main'.
    clean - Deletes the build directory.
    externalClasses - Assembles classes 'external'.
    jar - Assembles a jar archive containing the main classes.
    testClasses - Assembles classes 'test'.

Build Setup tasks
    -----------------
    init - Initializes a new Gradle build. [incubating]

Documentation tasks
    -------------------
    javadoc - Generates Javadoc API documentation for the main source code.

Help tasks
    ----------
    components - Displays the components produced by root project 'rapidminer-extension-template-master'. [incubating]
    dependencies - Displays all dependencies declared in root project 'rapidminer-extension-template-master'.
    dependencyInsight - Displays the insight into a specific dependency in root project 'rapidminer-extension-template-master'.
    help - Displays a help message.
    model - Displays the configuration model of root project 'rapidminer-extension-template-master'. [incubating]
    projects - Displays the sub-projects of root project 'rapidminer-extension-template-master'.
    properties - Displays the properties of root project 'rapidminer-extension-template-master'.
    tasks - Displays the tasks runnable from root project 'rapidminer-extension-template-master'.

IDE tasks
    ---------
    cleanEclipse - Cleans all Eclipse files.
    cleanIdea - Cleans IDEA project files (IML, IPR)
    eclipse - Generates all Eclipse files.
    idea - Generates IDEA project files (IML, IPR, IWS)

Publishing tasks
    ----------------
    generatePomFileForJarPublication - Generates the Maven POM file for publication 'jar'.
    publish - Publishes all publications produced by this project.
    publishJarPublicationToMavenLocal - Publishes Maven publication 'jar' to the local Maven repository.
    publishJarPublicationToMavenRepository - Publishes Maven publication 'jar' to Maven repository 'Maven'.
    publishToMavenLocal - Publishes all Maven publications produced by this project to the local Maven cache.

RapidMiner Code Quality tasks
    -----------------------------
    checkstyleInitDefaultConfig - Copies the default checkstyle.xml files to the configured configuration directory.
    eclipseCheckstyle - Creates Checkstyle Eclipse plugin config files for the current project.
    eclipseFindBugs - Creates FindBugs Eclipse plugin config files for the current project.

RapidMiner Extension tasks
    --------------------------
    installExtension - Create a jar bundled with all dependencies and copies the jar to the configured 'extensionFolder'. By default the extension is copied to '~/.RapidMiner/extensions'.

Shadow tasks
    ------------
    knows - Do you know who knows?
    shadowJar - Create a combined JAR of project and runtime dependencies

Verification tasks
    ------------------
    check - Runs all checks.
    test - Runs the unit tests.

Other tasks
    -----------
    checkstyleExternalHTMLReport - Task that generates a HTML report from the checkstyle task result
    checkstyleMainHTMLReport - Task that generates a HTML report from the checkstyle task result
    checkstyleTestHTMLReport - Task that generates a HTML report from the checkstyle task result
    cleanIdeaWorkspace
    downloadLicenses
    findbugsExternal - Run FindBugs analysis for external classes
    findbugsTest - Run FindBugs analysis for test classes
    javadocJar
    license
    licenseFormat
    sourceJar
    testJar
    wrapper - Adds/Updates the Gradle wrapper.

Rules
    -----
    Pattern: clean<TaskName>: Cleans the output files of a task.
    Pattern: build<ConfigurationName>: Assembles the artifacts of a configuration.
    Pattern: upload<ConfigurationName>: Assembles and uploads the artifacts belonging to a configuration.

To see all tasks and more detail, run gradlew tasks --all

To see more detail about a task, run gradlew help --task <task>

BUILD SUCCESSFUL

Total time: 11.37 secs
    C:\Users\x\workspace\rapidminer-extension-template-master>gradlew initializeExtensionProject

* What went wrong:

* Try:
    Run gradlew tasks to get a list of available tasks. Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED

Total time: 3.584 secs

did not help in any way...

Hi Fred,

this is very weird...

Please try to update the gradle extension plugin:

Open the build.gradle file in the rapidminer-extension-template-master project and update the following line.

Change this

plugins { id 'com.rapidminer.extension' version '0.8.2'}

to this

plugins { id 'com.rapidminer.extension' version '0.9.1' }

and run the 

gradlew tasks

again. 

• brnoadhibrnoadhi Member Posts: 4 Contributor I

I got that problem too. Is there any solver yet?

The initializeExtensionTask is only available if the 'PluginInit*.java' was not created. So make sure the file does not exist or download and create a new empty project.

• brnoadhibrnoadhi Member Posts: 4 Contributor I

It already solved. I try to re unzip the file (rapidminer template master) and run it (initializeExtensionProject) from eclipse, it gave me an error. Then I try to re unzip again and run it from command and it run well, after that I try to re unzip again and run it from eclipse, it run well too. I don't now what's wrong, but it solve my problem.

• wassdullullwassdullull Member Posts: 12 Contributor I

Hi, I am encountering the same problem. Can you please help me i need to know this for my dissertation. Thanks in advance 

Hi wassdullull,

by following this short list you should be able to initialize the extension:

1. Download the extension template.
    2. Unzip the archive.
    3. Open your preferred console (you should not use the IDE at this point)
    4. Goto the root directory and update the build.gradle file accordingly (e.g. change the extension name)
    5. From the root directory call one of the following commands:
      • Linux/ OSX:
        ./gradlew initializeExtensionProject
      • Windows:
        gradlew.bat initializeExtensionProject
    6. Verify the properties and confirm the generation.
    7. Open the initialzed extension project with your IDE and start coding.

If the described approach is still not working please provide more details - like the OS you are currently using and the exact error message.

Hope this helps,

Marcel