Options

Pulling consumer review data from eBay

SteveMMSteveMM Member Posts: 6 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help

Is there anyway to use RapidMiner to connect to eBay and pull consumer reviews based on a filtered topic (i.e. Under Armour) and get consumer's feedback based upon and do sentiment analysis on the feedback? 

Best Answer

• Options
    sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    Solution Accepted

ok so I am assuming that you want to analyze something like this?

Screen Shot 2016-12-03 at 6.39.31 PM.png

Yes it might work.  I would try using the "follow_link_using_matching_url" with the regex .*product-reviews.*  I have not tried it but maybe?  You will need to do a LOT of clean up with the results before getting the data clean enough to do sentiment analysis.   Sites like eBay have a ton of junk on their pages that you will need to get rid of.

Scott

Answers

• Options
    sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

hi..don't know if there is an eBay API but you can certainly webscrape eBay using the Web Mining extension and then use sentiment analysis (e.g. Aylien).

Scott

• Options
    SteveMMSteveMM Member Posts: 6 Contributor I

Scott:

I am somewhat new to RapidMiner.  Would I do this through the "Crawl Web" operator?  Within the Crawling Rules I would like to return anything related to that topic and get consumer's feedback on that.  To do this I would use "store_with_matching_content" as the rule application and then use a wildcard for my search criteria?