Check operator output command on Mac

alanmineralanminer Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
edited December 2018 in Help

On PC if I right-clicked on an operator output port I could select to just view the output of that operator. On mac when I right click I just get 'disconnect port' option? Anyone know how to do this on mac please?

Best Answer

• IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Solution Accepted

Hi,

I do not think that this has anything to do with PC vs. Mac to be honest.  The way this works is that RapidMiner keeps things in memory as long as this memory is not needed for anything else.  As long something is still in memory, you can get the intermediate result from the port.  But if the memory is needed for something else, then those intermediate results are freed up.  Only those results which are connected to the result ports on the right are guaranteed to stay.

And I think this is what happened: on the Mac you checked one of the ports but the intermediate result was deleted while on the PC it just was still there...

By the way, by doing this caching in this way we can ensure that processes are not slowed down by caching all intermediate results (you might never look at) to disk all the time.

Hope this helps,

Ingo

Answers

• alanmineralanminer Member Posts: 4 Contributor I

I realised that if you simply hover over the output port it shows you the ouput kind of, but it doesn't show the values. I just ran it with a breakpoint on the operator to check the output.

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

I have a PC, so I'm not sure what's going on there. @sgenzer are you a Mac user?

• alanmineralanminer Member Posts: 4 Contributor I

Yeah that makes sense thanks!