Extrapolation algorithms in RapidMiner

sunnyalsunnyal Member Posts: 44 Contributor II
edited December 2018 in Help

Do we have a way in Rapidminer to perform extrapolation on a dataset to matchup a known value? Alternatively, does anyone have a sample extrapolation script using Rcode, that I can integrate in RM?

Tagged:

Answers

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

What specific extrapolation algorithms are you looking for? If you have R code, you can use it in RapidMiner but inserting it into the R Script operator. Just download this extension: https://marketplace.rapidminer.com/UpdateServer/faces/product_details.xhtml?productId=rmx_r_scripting

• sunnyalsunnyal Member Posts: 44 Contributor II

Basically I have a system (A) captures entire/total system load and system (B) only captures 80% of system load, but has very granular data. We wanted to forecast based on system (B) and perform extrapolation to see if we can match up to system (A) (total load). As such was curious to see how and which operator within RM will help achive this extrapolation.

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

For specific extrapolation algos, I would use an external python or R library. Or use Groovy Script to write your own inside RapidMiner.