How to get the sampling in Free Edition?

derek_tsuiderek_tsui Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
edited October 2019 in Help

Hi Experts,

Since I'm new user of rapidminer and currently I'm using free edition that supports up to 10k rows of data. Since my analysis case covers 20k+ records in an excel file, I'll need to downsampling for 1k records from this list so as to rapidminer free edition can support. May I know if rapidminer can do the "sampling" action for this case or I need to do the sampling action in the excel file by myself?

As I tried to add data directly into rapidminer, it pops up the attached screenshot message that I believe rapidminer read first 10k records only but I would like to consider remaining 10k+ records when doing sampling. Any advices / recommendations? Many thanks!

Cheers,

Derek

Best Answer

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted

I believe RapidMiner will sample randomly the 10k rows from your 20k data file. To test this I would add a sequentially numbered column (e.g. 1,2,3,5..20k) in the spreadsheet and then load that in, set it as an ID and then see if the rows are randomly selected.