Options

RapidMiner Server Access

aishwarya_shettaishwarya_shett Member Posts: 5 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help

Hello,

I am a beginner in RapidMiner. I am currently using the free version of RapidMiner Server on my Desktop. My query is if I create users to view the reports that I make, will they be able to view them on their own machine using a public IP of the server? 

Regards

Best Answers

• Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Solution Accepted

Hi,

if your Desktop machine is reachable from the internet with a public IP (and the port of RM Server web interface is open [default: 8080]), then the answer is yes.

Regards,

Marco

• Options
    JEdwardJEdward RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 578 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted

Yes it is. (As long as you have your port open publically through the firewall)

One example of how you might use this is setting up the RM Server on your home computer and building some processes to monitor the groceries in your fridge and suggest dinner recipies that make the most efficient use of the remaining ingredients before they expire. 

You can build a RapidMiner webApp for this that can be accessed from within your WiFi network using an iPad and then it's available in the kitchen when you need it. 

Of course there are many, many other possible applications both at home and the office