Row/Attribute performance after importing (Missing rows and attributes)

utvanhuynh1989utvanhuynh1989 Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help

Hello,

I have some text files to import to Rapid Miner. For samples:

1. I have a raw text file
- Total record: 1408866
- Column/Attribute: 71
* After importing the file into RapidMiner
- Total record: 148773 (missing 93 records)

- Column/Attribute: 71

Ā 

2. I have another text file
- Total record: 287147
- Column/Attribute: 269
* After importing the file into RapidMiner
- Total record: 287109 (missing 38 records)
- Column/Attribute: 35

Then I was trying to re-import the file and uncheck "Skip comments". The first file remained the same, the second file showed the exact record but only 265 attributes.

Is there any problem with the importing feature? How can I get full rows/attributes always from the file?

Thank you.

Ut

Best Answer

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted

You will have to use the Read CSV operator and go more to the manual import. Use the Import Wizard button on the Read CSV operator it self and then select ALL FILES in the dropdown box for the File Selector to select the TXT file. It should load just fine then and you can use the wizard to format it.

Answers

• bhupendra_patilbhupendra_patil Administrator, Employee, Member Posts: 168 RM Data Scientist

What kind of file is this CSV?

Are you using the read csv operator or the import wizard

If using the read csv operator, on the last screen it has a checkbox to select first 100 rows for preview, uncheck that and see if you see errors or warnings at the bottom of the screen

• utvanhuynh1989utvanhuynh1989 Member Posts: 3 Contributor I

Thank you for the reply.

This is not csv file. It is txt file. I am using both "Add data" wizard from "repository" and the "read csv" from "operators". Both give out the same result.

The txt file remained missing rows and attributes.

Can you please help me out?

Ā 

Ut

• utvanhuynh1989utvanhuynh1989 Member Posts: 3 Contributor I

Thank you, Thomas. It is working just fine now.