Self Trigger RapidMiner Process

vipul_kumarvipul_kumar Member Posts: 20 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help

I have created a process in Rapid Miner Studio for retraining. The first operator that I use in this Process is "Process Documents from File" where I fill up the value for "Text Directories" i.e. the file locations which it picks up to get retrained.

My requirement is that, whenever there is addition of files in that location, the process should get triggered by itself to get retrained on the new files.

Is this capability present in Rapid Miner?

Tagged:

Answers

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist

Hi,

i've used rapidminer server to check every 20 secs if there is a new file in a folder and if there is, process it. So - yes, with a scheduled job on RM Server.

Best,

Martin 

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • vipul_kumarvipul_kumar Member Posts: 20 Contributor I

Are there any other options. As I dont want to Keep on monitoring the directory everytime.  I wonder if the same can be provided from RapidMiner.

I dont want the process to get triggered through a scheduler. Instead, it should self trigger itself whenever there is an addition of files in the input directory from which it is reading.

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist

Hi,

of course you can expose a webservice. This webservvice can be triggered by any other application and run your process. But some software needs to check if something new is there. It does not work without checking.

~Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany

Hi,

I tried scheduling a process run using the process scheduler on RM server.
    But I could not find any option where I can make RM server to monitor a folder periodically.
    Is there any article or link that I can check to understand how to do it exactly.

Regards

Vipul

I also came across Triggers functionality on Rapid Miner Server.
    It has two options of creating triggers :

1) Monitor file changes

2) Monitor incoming mails.

Can I use this "Trigger" feature to run my process whenever a new file comes up in the input directory.?

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

Yes. That's how we typically do it.