process failed: this process would need more than the maximum amount of available memory

lalenovelslalenovels Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help

Hi I'm working with  the Association RuleGenerator, I have a PC with 8 GB of memory and the operating system of 64 bit. 

Now I'm using the RapidMiner Studio Educationale 7,4 version.

After I run the process, in correspondence of the preprocessing appear this:

"process failed: this process would need more than the maximum amount of available memory,reduce the amount of data by one of the sampling operators, optimize the process by using other learning or preprocessing schemes.

The dataset contains 35000 row and 5 column. Inside the preprocessing I use the "Discretize by frequency" and "Nominal2Binominal", then the FP-Growth and finally the Association RuleGenerator.

Thanks a lot.

Alessandra

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted

Binominal and Association Rules operators require a lot of memory to process. If you have an 8GB laptop, assume 2GB is consumed for your operating system (if you have windows), so you probably only have about 6GB to do in-memory processing of your process. 

Answers

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

You ran out of memory to do all the pre-processing and association rule calculations. you could try sampling it down or perform the analysis of a more powerful machine.

• lalenovelslalenovels Member Posts: 3 Contributor I

Thank you! 

However I don't understand well what means "You ran out of memory to do all the pre-processing and association rule calculations".

Thank you for the attention!

Alessandra

• lalenovelslalenovels Member Posts: 3 Contributor I

ok, it's clear!!!

I'm going to try to move rapid miner in external hardware.

Thank you so much!

Alessandra