RapidMiner

Using RapidMiner to teach Data Science

by RMStaff on ‎06-22-2016 11:05 AM

Question

Dr. Mireswa.

I have been doing some data analytics work using Python. Recently when I tried using Excel for data analytics, I found it inconvenient. Looking for an alternative, I stumbled upon RapidMiner and want to try it out. I would use it for a little experimenting and teaching data analysis for non-computer science professionals.

I plan to start a 120 hours certification course on Data Analytics for people without programming background, using a tool like RapidMiner.

Answer

This is great to hear – thanks for sharing!  If you know Python you might also want to check out our Python extension for RapidMiner.  You can find it in the menu “Extensions” – “Marketplace” and type “Python” in the search box (here is also a link directly to our marketplace: https://marketplace.rapidminer.com/UpdateServer/faces/product_details.xhtml?productId=rmx_python_scr...).  You can then also use Python scripts as part of RM processes.  There are also many more extensions on our Marketplace so make sure that you check them out…