Sort Operator

ShawnShawn Member Posts: 5 Contributor I
edited December 2018 in Product Feedback - Resolved

The Sort operator only lets you sort by one attribute. Often it is necessary to sort by more than one attribute. Adding the ability to sort by multiple attributes would greatly enhance this simple sorting functionality.

2 votes

Fixed and Released · Last Updated

via Jackhammer extension

Comments

• landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn

Hi Shawn,

this functionality (among other similar smaller enhancements with a big impact on usability) can be found as part of our Jackhammer extension. Please see at oldworldcomputing.com for details.

Greetings,

Sebastian 

• jeremyjeremy Member Posts: 11 Contributor I

According to the Sort operator info by building a sequnce of Sort operators you can achieve what you whant.  I have tried it on two attributes and it works fine. You just need to carefully consider the order of the two operators to get the sort you need.

• landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn

You are right, however it clutters up your processes pretty quickly if you have to sort to three or even more attributes. Especially if you need to sort, reverse and sort again as necessary for some ETL steps. Unfortuantely the Loop operators don't help as they don't guarantee the order of attributes.

Greetings,

Sebastian

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

See Jackhammer Extension