more options for RapidMiner Cloud instance types

sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
edited December 2018 in Product Feedback - Resolved

Hi...every once in a while I decide to burn through some credits with RapidMiner Cloud and would like to put in a suggestion for more instance type choices.  Right now there are three - all dependent on memory (16, 32, 64).  But sometimes I want higher CPU cores and don't care as much about memory.  For example I just ran an apples-to-apples comparison between my desktop (6 cores, 16GB memory) vs the Cloud 64MB memory.  My execution time was 10:15, Cloud was 12:38.  It was k-means clustering and my hunch is that this is more dependent on CPU than memory.

SO...if I had more choices on Cloud instances that would increase CPU cores rather than memory, that would be good!

Scott

1 votes

Declined · Last Updated

RM Cloud deprecated with 9.3.0

Comments

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager