[SOLVED] Radoop alternatives

veveveve Member Posts: 63 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
I'm interested to find out if you know any free alternatives to Radoop!

Thank you in advances!
Tagged:

Answers

• wesselwessel Member Posts: 537 Maven
  • veveveve Member Posts: 63 Contributor II
    But, isn't mahout an alternative to rapidminer? As far as I understood radoop is an extension for rapidminer that allows us to connect to hadoop.
    And Mahout is an framework that allows us to do prety much the same things as rapidminer (and the connectivity to hadoop also)
  • MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    Hi veve,

to my knowledge there is no RapidMiner-based alternative to Radoop.

Best regards,
    Marius
  • bhupendra_patilbhupendra_patil Administrator, Employee, Member Posts: 168 RM Data Scientist

Radoop has unique capabilities where you can push the workflow to be executed on a hadoop cluster.

This is part of Rapidminer's commercial offering,

So at this point there is no free alternative to Radoop.

You can use the Read Hive operator to get sample data out of hadoop cluster and work on it using the Rapidminer operators.

Hopefully this helps.

But I will highly recommend considering Radoop since it provides really powerful capabilities for distributed data mining on hadoop in a code-optional manner

• Leslie_MillerLeslie_Miller Member Posts: 1 Contributor I

Hi veve,

Just to follow up since your post was prior to August... THere is a free version of RapidMiner Radoop now available for download:  https://rapidminer.com/resource/rapidminer-radoop-free-download/ 

Hope this helps!