Connect results with my webpage

stfnstfn Member Posts: 20 Maven
edited December 2018 in Help

Hello Community,

I need you help once again.

I would like to ask you if there is any topic to help me to extract the Results from Studio to my Wordpress page. 

I am not familiar with RM Server and i am a bit confused.

It is for academic reasons not for anything else.

Kind Regards,

stfn

Tagged:

Answers

• FBTFBT Member Posts: 106 Unicorn

Are you just interested in displaying the results of a process started and run in RapidMiner Studio, or do you intend to initiate a process from your Wordpress page, which then also shows the results? If it is the latter, i.e. a WebApp, Rapidminer Server is the only way to do it (as far as I know). If it is the former, take a look at the Write operators. Once you have the results in a file, you should be able to upload it to a Wordpress page.

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

I do something similar but with markdown files and a different CMS (blot.im). I run my analysis and use macros quite heavily to write an markdown post with my results. Here's an example of an auto generated post on my blog. http://www.neuralmarkettrends.com/sandp500-historical-vol-prediction-for-the-week-of-2017-06-19

• stfnstfn Member Posts: 20 Maven

Thank you for the reply.

The thing is that i have made a php code where i call the link but when i do i have to login in again.

The second problem i face is that when i run the proccess in the Server i have this message "de.rapidanalytics.ejb.service.ServiceDataSourceException: Error executing process /home/admin/test1 for service test1: Database connection failed: connection New connection2 is unknown. Please define the connection properly." while in the beggining i did not have it. 

Any ideas?

Hello Thomas,

Thank you for your reply. 

But can you please check the previews post i made in this topic.

I have an issue now with the connection in Server. While in Studio everything is running OK in Server i have an error message "de.rapidanalytics.ejb.service.ServiceDataSourceException: Error executing process /home/admin/test1 for service test1: Database connection failed: connection New connection2 is unknown. Please define the connection properly."

Did you create the database connection on the server? You can check that in the server web interface under Administration -> Connections.

Do i really need that? Because in the beggining i did not made any connection and it was running.
    Thus, in this case how do i know which connection to  select? my DB is localhost using xampp.

Also now i have one more problem. While i am running the standalone.bat and click to open the process in RM Studio -> run in server. the terminal for RM Server i have an endless loop

Yes, if you run a process on the server that connects to a database you will need to do that. You have probably run the process locally before, where it takes the DB connections that you have set up in studio. In your screenshot, you are in the wrong connection settings area. It's one above the one you are currently looking at and it is called "Database connections". The setup works just like in RM Studio. 

So i made a new connection as you advised me and this error message showed up 

"de.rapidanalytics.ejb.service.ServiceDataSourceException: Error executing process /home/admin/test1 for service test1: null"

Well, the good news is that your DB connection seems to work now. It is a bit difficult to spot the exact problem without seeing your process, but if I had to guess, I would say that something is wrong with retrieving/reading some data in your process.

Do you retrieve/read data that is stored in your local repository or hard drive? If so, you would need to store the relevant file on the server repository. This can be easily done by just copying and pasting the respective file in RM's repository panel. 

Thank yoi for helping me!! 

I can post my process if you want.

Yes. Everything is running localhost. And the data i am using are saved in my phpmyadmin. this is where i am taking data and running in Studio and Server.

But the weird thing is why it was brought me results when i first made the new peoccess and now i have all these problems? isn't it weird?

No worries, the learning curve of RM Server is a bit steeper than Studio. Take a look at the attached screenshot that shows the repository panel in RM Studio:

RM_Repository.png

I suspect that the data you are trying to retrieve is currently stored in "Local Repository". Processes that you run on the server by clicking the small drop-down arrow next to the "Play" Symbol in RM Studio and selecting "Run Process on Server" do not have access to anything that is stored under "Local Repository", be it DB connections, files or the actual process. Therefore, you will need to copy the relevant files into the Server Repository, which in the Screenshot is named "RM Server Connection". 

I believe the reason that you got it working before was that you have run it locally in RM Studio which has access to the "Local Repository". 

Well i do not know what happened but i had saved the process in Server Repository (rmserver) in file named ../file/admin/. I don't know how it is has been deleted.
    Capture.JPG

Now when i am trying to copy my process i have an endless loop running the whole time and i can't even open the connection in RM Studio. 

Capture.JPG

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

Is your RM Server backend database running? When running Server on localhost and you reboot your machine, you need to make sure that the DB starts up. 

Thank you for the reply Thomas.

I think yes. I did it when i made the installation. I use xampp in port 3306 and MySQL.

Firstly i run xampp and the standalone.bat

Also now it has an error with the connection of RM Server. When i expand the server repository or try to make a new one i have this 

error.JPG

while RM Server is 7.5.1 and Studio 7.5

Well I'm not sure if it's versioning issue. just make update Studio to 7.5.1 so it matches the Server.