Error while "run as administrator" .bat file RapidMiner Server

stefania_333stefania_333 Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
edited December 2018 in Help

Hello!

I installed successfully MySQL and created the "rapidminer_server" table. I installed it in port 3305 because i run xampp in 3306.

Although when i extracted the installer and tried to install the .bat file (following the instructions) the only thing i can see is for a second a pop up terminal and everything stops.

Any ideas what is going wrong?

Thanks, 

stfn

Tagged:

Answers

• Edin_KlapicEdin_Klapic Moderator, Employee, RMResearcher, Member Posts: 299 RM Data Scientist

Hi stfn,

Can you execute the rapidminer-server-installer.bat from the command line? This should provide a error message which will help us to identify the problem.

Best,

Edin

• wassdullullwassdullull Member Posts: 12 Contributor I

Hi, I got the same problem and i  just tried that. I got the NoClassDefFoundError from cmd

Can anyone help me please, its urgent. :)

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

hi @wassdullull - just a friendly moderator tip: you tag people in the community like this: @Edin_Klapic  :)

Scott

sorry about the tag but can you help with this problem :)

• Edin_KlapicEdin_Klapic Moderator, Employee, RMResearcher, Member Posts: 299 RM Data Scientist

Hi @wassdullull,

Unfortunately, in your case the error message alone is rather vague.

Could you please provide at least the screenshot (including the messages before and after). And also at which point did the installation fail?

Best,

Edin

services.PNG

hi i solved it by installing jdk 7 instead of 9 but now the service is not running. The error given is show in the picture 

Can you help me!!

Hi @wassdullull,

Good you could solve your installation problem. *thumbsup*

You executed the installer as Administrator, right?  If not, you might want to reinstall RapidMiner Server. Another approach would be to manually create the service by following the instructions at the bottom of this page https://docs.rapidminer.com/latest/server/administration/server-settings.html.

Does the Server start manually?

Simply execute the file standalone.bat located in "<your RapidMiner Server installation folder>\bin\"?

Best,

Edin

hi, i already reinstalled it many times now i cannot reinstall the server. I have also try to install it manually which is not working. Moreover i just executed the standalone.bat which opens a console but did not help in starting the service. 

The error still persists. Thank you for the replies :)

hi, i managed to start the service but i can't access the localhost:8080. I changed the port to 8888 still the localhost was unavailable. 

Hi @wassdullull,

The question is on which port did you install RapidMiner Server?

If you do not remember you can check this in the standalone.xml located in <RapidMiner Server installation path>\standalone\configuration\

Quite at the bottom of the file is the entry

<socket-binding name="http" port="8080"/>

This is the port you have to enter after localhost.

In addition you might check if the Server started up successfully. If this still does not work, are you able to share the server.log located in <RapidMiner Server installation path>\standalone\log\?

Best,

Edin

hi, thanks for the reply. The port is 8080 and the services was running but i couldn't access the webpage.then i change the port to 8888 and i run the service. The service is running but i can't access the localhost:8888

Hi @wassdullull,

Please share the server.log located in <RapidMiner Server installation path>\standalone\log\

Best,

Edin

hey, when i run standalone.bat, the job agent cannot connect to the broker url 

Hi @wassdullull,

In your Logfile you can see that your Server is assigned to port 8080

14:25:13,848 INFO  [org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol] (MSC service thread 1-3) JBWEB003000: Coyote HTTP/1.1 starting on: http-/0.0.0.0:8080

RapidMiner Server can run without a Job Agent so let's start to get your Server running and tackle the connection to the Job Agent afterwards. After the Server has fully started - I expect something like

14:16:10,287 INFO  [org.jboss.as.controller] (Controller Boot Thread) JBAS014774: Service status report
    JBAS014775: New missing/unsatisfied dependencies:
    service jboss.deployment.unit."rapidminer-server-8.0.1.ear".deploymentCompleteService (missing) dependents: [service jboss.deployment.unit."rapidminer-execution-jobservice-0.1.0.war".PARSE]

14:16:10,314 INFO [org.jboss.as] (Controller Boot Thread) JBAS015961: Http management interface listening on http://10.20.10.27:9990/management
    14:16:10,316 INFO [org.jboss.as] (Controller Boot Thread) JBAS015951: Admin console listening on http://10.20.10.27:9990
    14:16:10,319 ERROR [org.jboss.as] (Controller Boot Thread) JBAS015875: JBoss EAP 6.4.0.Alpha1 (AS 7.5.0.Final-redhat-15) started (with errors) in 101191ms - Started 1843 of 1880 services (1 services failed or missing dependencies, 68 services are lazy, passive or on-demand)

- you can try the URL depicted in below screenshot. If you get same output - the Server did start successfully. 

Additional info: localhost:8080 redirects you to the "real" login page http://localhost:8080/faces/login.xhtml. Can you access this page?

image.pngBest,

Edin

I run the services and the link http://localhost:8080/api/rest/public/healthcheck gave me the same error "The webpage could not be found".  i have attached the server log.

Hi @wassdullull,

Dev team just came back with the information that the log file indicates that the startup runs into a timeout. This might be because the hardware requirements are not met.
    If you are sure that this is not the case you might try to start the JobAgent after the Server has successfully started (which is done in parallel by default).

Since you have already installed RapidMiner Server you can change the corresponding parameter named JOB_AGENT_ENABLED to false.
    This can be done at the end of the file standalone.conf (UNIX) or standalone.conf.bat (Windows) located in
    <RapidMiner-Server-installation-folder>\bin\

After the successful Server startup you can start the JobAgent manually by executing the startup scripts rapidminer-jobagent (UNIX) or rapidminer-jobagent.bat (Windows) located in
    <RapidMiner-Server-installation-folder>\job-agent\bin\

The JobAgent Stop commands are also located in this folder.

Hope this helps.

Happy Mining,
    Edin

• GruGru Member Posts: 29 Contributor II
    My .bat file didn't run as administrator. A command prompt window is only open for less than a seconds and disappear.