How to determine which user launched the process from the web-application?

kershovkershov Member Posts: 9 Contributor I
edited December 2018 in Help

Hello!

How to determine which user launched the process from the application?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Edin_KlapicEdin_Klapic Moderator, Employee, RMResearcher, Member Posts: 299 RM Data Scientist
    Solution Accepted

Hi kershov,

ok, so you are referring to the Web Apps.

So let's say there is a user who changes a value in a settings component which then leads to a execution of a process. And you want to capture this user, right?

In this case Scotts proposal is the best way to go.

For testing you could use the Operator Print to Console and enter the macro %{_ra_user}. When this process is executed the user who executes this process is printed to the log file (i.e. server.log).

Best,

Edin

Answers

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

Hello - all user actions are recorded in the log files in RM Server.  Unfortunately the log files are rather verbose but you should be able to find what you need.

Scott

• Edin_KlapicEdin_Klapic Moderator, Employee, RMResearcher, Member Posts: 299 RM Data Scientist

Hi kershov,

the Process scheduler in the Web interface displays some information (see screenshot).

image.png

Hope this helps.

Best,

Edin

• kershovkershov Member Posts: 9 Contributor I

Hello, Edin! Thanks for response!

But if you run process from web application, you will not see any running processes in Process-Scheduler.

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

hi...another option is to use the logging features to create your own user log.  The user can be read in Studio as the macro "_ra_user" and then use the "Provide Macro as Log Value" operator to add it to the log.  I have used this method in the past as it allows me to customize what exactly I want to log (user, timestamp, etc) and put it where I can easily access it later.

Scott

• kershovkershov Member Posts: 9 Contributor I

Works great! Thnx!