Install Rapidminer Server inside Azure HDinsight

yongieyongie Member Posts: 16 Maven
edited November 2019 in Help
Dear all,

I am evaluating MS Azure HDinsight for the first time, I wanted to setup Rapidminer inside the Linux node there, I think it requires command line installation, is there anyway to install it without GUI?

Thanks

Answers

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

yes. Run the normal Server installer on your local desktop machine, enter values as needed on the actual remote server and in the last step, you can select to create a script file instead of actually installing.
    Then you get a .xml file which contains all settings you made (you can edit that via any text editor afterwards should you need to). Then place everything on your remote machine and execute the installer by passing the .xml file location as an argument. It then installs via command line automatically.

Regards,
    Marco
  • JEdwardJEdward RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 578 Unicorn
    Here's a link to the guidance on the non-GUI install so you can follow along. 
    Once you have the XML layout it's really quick to do. 

http://docs.rapidminer.com/server/installation/headless_install.html