RapidMiner

Installing extensions (Windows )

SOLVED
Contributor II

Installing extensions (Windows )

Hey,

I have my rapidminer_server folder in windows machine on path "D:\Rapidminner_server" and created a folder plugins ("D:\Rapidminner_server\plugins") to store extensions. In Rapidminer server "com.rapidanalytics.plugindir" is empty so i set path as above but it is still not loading extension to the server. 

Any help will be appriciated Smiley Happy

11 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Installing extensions (Windows )

Did you shutdown and restart the server?

Regards,
T-Bone
Twitter: @neuralmarket
Contributor II

yes...i followed every step of how to install extension on rapidminer server article.

Community Manager

I just noticed that you spelled "rapidminner"

Is your path correct?

Regards,
T-Bone
Twitter: @neuralmarket

Another remark: I consider it better to keep the plugins and other folders outside of the RM Server installation folder. This makes updates easier.

E.g.:

d:\RapidMiner

+ server

+ logs

+ plugins

+ uploads

Regards,

Balázs

--
Balázs Bárány
Data Scientist, Vienna
https://datascientist.at
Contributor II

Thomas_Ott wrote:

I just noticed that you spelled "rapidminner"

Is your path correct?

yes it is correct path....

In command prompt while running rapidminer server it is showing following error:

Cannot load extension rmx_com.solrSmiley Very Happyepends on rmx_test which cannot be found!

Contributor II

BalazsBarany wrote:

Another remark: I consider it better to keep the plugins and other folders outside of the RM Server installation folder. This makes updates easier.

E.g.:

d:\RapidMiner

+ server

+ logs

+ plugins

+ uploads

Regards,

Balázs

Thanks for the advice Smiley Happy

I created separate folder...still it is not loading the extensions.

RMStaff

Is it possible that you provide the server log file? If you don't want to attach it to this thread you can also send me a PM.

Cheers,

Marcel

RMStaff

Hi manisha 1595,

the Solr extension has dependency to the Text extension which explains the following error:

Cannot load extension rmx_com.solrSmiley Very Happyepends on rmx_test which cannot be found!

A solution is to copy the Text extension file rmx_text into the plugin folder and restart the server.

Best regards,

Edin

Contributor II

Edin_Klapic wrote:

Hi manisha 1595,

the Solr extension has dependency to the Text extension which explains the following error:

A solution is to copy the Text extension file rmx_text into the plugin folder and restart the server.

Best regards,

Edin

Thank you so much.....the solution worked....the extensions are loaded successfully ....finally I can work on my project Smiley Happy