Manage user to view the app

XiaorenXiaoren Member Posts: 5 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi,

I am working on designing app in the rapidminer server. I want to let my client see their app(or report) and only their own app(or report) as they log in the rapidminer server?

What I think is first create the app by the administer or any one has the permission to edit report. Then change the permission for the client, so when the client log in, they can view the report. But as I try that, client can't open anything, all the directory is empty.

When I search for it, I found solution for "service", but I didn't found similar solution for app. Can anyone give some suggestions to me or preferably a procedure to do that?

Best,
Xiaoren
Tagged:

Answers

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

you can make the app accessibly via direct link w/o having to log in. See anonymous access in the general settings for an app.

Regards,
    Marco
  • XiaorenXiaoren Member Posts: 5 Contributor II
    Hi,

Thank you for your reply. But I think anonymous log in is not good in my case. It must have some kind of authentication to protect it.

Best,
    Xiaoren
  • MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist
    Hi,

you can simply create a dummy account like "ReportViewer" and a dummy password. This user has just the right to see the app.

Or do you want to integrate this into some ActiveDirectory thing?

Cheers,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • XiaorenXiaoren Member Posts: 5 Contributor II
    Hi,

Hmm, what you mean active directory? Do you mean the protected link when edit the app? I've tried it, but it didn't work out. First I create the app using 'admin' account with full permission. Until now, it works well. And I can use 'admin' to log in to the protected link and view the app. Next step comes to the problem. I create a client user in the group 'report viewer' and let this user to see this app. Whenever I log in the protected link with this user, I got error message, "A server error 500 occurred: . The error has been recorded."  And it happens every time.

Best,
    Xiaoren

• MarcoBarradasMarcoBarradas Administrator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 272 Unicorn
    Make sure you gave execution rights on the folder and process that are linked to the app, if you created the app on a folder see if the group has access reading permissions on that folder.