Moving file to server

alan_jeffaresalan_jeffares Member Posts: 20 Contributor I
edited December 2018 in Help

Hi,

I'm trying to use model trained offline onto the server. Thus I'm looking to move a wordlist and a model from a local repository to a server repository. However I get the following error: "Error on copying model Cause: cannot upload object: internal Server Error"

Any ideas? I have the Text Processing extention installed on the server already

Tagged:

Answers

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

I might have an idea...what kind of model are you trying to save in the RM Server repository?

• alan_jeffaresalan_jeffares Member Posts: 20 Contributor I

Naive Bayes

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

naive bayes?  That should not cause any problems.  How are you storing the model?  For debugging purposes, first try just right-clicking the model tab in the results pane and just manually save it on your server.  That SHOULD work no problem.  Like this:

Screen Shot 2017-08-24 at 8.39.03 AM.png

Scott

• landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn

Hi,

The solution is most likely hidden in the log files of the server. 

Just open the server.log directly after reproducing the error, take a look at the error message.

I would assume two possible reasons:

a) Installation of Text Processing Extension failed it can't work with the WordList

b) (more likely) you are using MySQL as database backend for RM Server and MySQLs max_allowed_packet size is smaller than the serialized IOObject. Then the writing to the database will fail and there is returned an internal error. You can increase this setting in your MySQL config and need to restart both MySQL and RM Server. Directly set it to 1G, which is the maximum value.

Greetings,
    Sebastian

• sebassebas Member Posts: 7 Contributor I

Hi all

I think this is the same issue as that one :

http://community.rapidminer.com/t5/RapidMiner-Server-Forum/Cannot-store-Model-into-Server/m-p/39260

I have posted logs on that other thread.

PS : On my side max_allowed_packed_size was already at 1G.

Scott

I am refering to this issue and also to the other thread which I think is related (see the link below).

I can confirm that your workaround works, i.e. right-clicking the model tab and saving it in the remote repository this way.

This is a very complex issue but in a nutshell

• Process that computes and stores a model in Studio (MacOS) : works
    • Running that process on server : fails when storing (stack overflow)
    • Running that process in Studio on Windows PC :  fails when storing (TBC, I'm a bit lost)
    • Copy & paste the model from the Mac to the server : fails while uploading (stack overflow)
    • Process that loads the model and writes it to XML file on the Mac (using Write Model operator) : fails while writing (stack overflow)
    • Right-click model from Mac and save into server (your suggestion) : works

All using 7.6.1 across the board whith fresh MySQL reinstall.

I can open a new post to clearly identify the context in which this happens.

I already copied logs on the other thread so let me know if this can be helpful.

hello @sebas -

Yes it seems that something rather irregular is going on.  Could you please open a new thread in this forum so that the dev team can follow along?  Any data sets and processes you could repost, in addition to log files and configurations, would be helpful so we can try to replicate exactly what's going on here.  I monitor this new Bug/Issue forum pretty tightly (so people don't just post normal questions here) but this will go through.

Thanks.

Scott

Alright, will do.

Thanks