Problem with uploading LARGE files

ralph-wgtralph-wgt Member Posts: 6 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hello there,

we are facing various problems with the RapidAnalytics. I would like to explain one more problem here while we hope, that anyone may have experienced the same issues and knows how to solve them.

When trying to upload a large file (sometimes 1MB is already a problem), the upload obviously stops and the client doesn't get notified about this issue.

Server output looks like this:
"13:38:40,415 INFO  [de.rapidanalytics.web.servlet.AccessEntry] HTTP POST for location /home/hoepken/data/nurZahlen_groÃ?, user hoepken, principal org.springframework.security.authentication.UsernamePasswordAuthenticationToken@a1f5b62d: Principal: org.springframework.security.core.userdetails.User@40b5cd22: Username: hoepken; Password: [PROTECTED]; Enabled: true; AccountNonExpired: true; credentialsNonExpired: true; AccountNonLocked: true; Granted Authorities: analyst,execute,hoepken,report editor,report manager,report viewer,scheduler,service,users; Credentials: [PROTECTED]; Authenticated: true; Details: org.springframework.security.web.authentication.WebAuthenticationDetails@957e: RemoteIpAddress: 127.0.0.1; SessionId: null; Granted Authorities: analyst, execute, hoepken, report editor, report manager, report viewer, scheduler, service, users
13:38:40,417 INFO  [de.rapidanalytics.ejb.RepositoryStorageEJBImpl] hoepken submitted new object to /home/hoepken/data/nurZahlen_groÃ?.
13:38:40,449 INFO  [de.rapidanalytics.ejb.RepositoryEJBImpl] Creating recursively: home/hoepken/data
13:38:40,459 INFO  [de.rapidanalytics.ejb.RepositoryEJBImpl] hoepken created entry '/home/hoepken/data/nurZahlen_groÃ? of type 'data'.
13:38:40,470 INFO  [com.rapidminer.example.db.ExampleSetToDB] Dropping data tables for es_61
13:38:40,492 INFO  [com.rapidminer.example.db.ExampleSetToDB] Cannot determine number of subtables. Probably tables already deleted: java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

13:38:40,500 INFO  [com.rapidminer.example.db.ExampleSetToDB] Failed to drop table: java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
. (Ignoring)
13:38:40,508 INFO  [com.rapidminer.example.db.ExampleSetToDB] Failed to drop table: java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
. (Ignoring)
13:38:40,516 INFO  [com.rapidminer.example.db.ExampleSetToDB] Failed to drop table: java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
. (Ignoring)
13:43:40,416 WARN  [com.arjuna.ats.arjuna] ARJUNA-12117 TransactionReaper::check timeout for TX 0:ffff8d452ea2:126a:4ed4ce97:8f5 in state  RUN
13:43:40,418 WARN  [com.arjuna.ats.arjuna] ARJUNA-12121 TransactionReaper::doCancellations worker Thread[Transaction Reaper Worker 0,5,jboss] successfully canceled TX 0:ffff8d452ea2:126a:4ed4ce97:8f5"

In this case I tried a file with no special characters, it is only
"1;2;3;4;5;
1;2;3;4;5;
."

I copied the rows many times, so that the file is about 200MB. But I also experienced the issue with files being much smaller (in one test I tried a file with 1MB, same situation).
Upload is possible in generel. If I choose a small file, like <100kB I get no problem. Maybe there is a problem with the time-out?

I would be very very glad if anyone is able to help. If you need any more information or log files, please let me know. I will send them immediately.
Thanks in advance!

Ralph-J. Andris
University of Applied Sciences Ravensburg-Weingarten
Tagged:

Answers

• ralph-wgtralph-wgt Member Posts: 6 Contributor II
    More information to the system:

RA-Version: 1.1 Bundle (automatic installer)
    Database: Oracle 11g Express Edition (also tried by MySQL and Postgre)

Fresh installation of RA. No problems discovered during installation.
    We piped the StdOut to a textfile and went through it, finding no obvious problems (except for this "duplicate bug" :-))
  • fischerfischer Member Posts: 439 Maven
    Hi,

I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve and how. Is RapidMiner involved? Are you uploading via the Web interface? Does it work with smaller files? I'm not sure what you are trying to do will achieve the required goal anyway. I suspect you are simply uploading that as a blob which will not do what you want.

Best,
    Simon
  • ralph-wgtralph-wgt Member Posts: 6 Contributor II
    Hi,

to narrow down the problem: I'm trying to upload a file per RapidMiner (with the Import Wizard) - but to the RapidAnalytics Repository.

What I also tried: Import the file into a local repository and then copy/paste it to the RapidAnalytics Repository.

I discovered, that the timeout comes after 5 minutes exactly.

Thanks in advance.

Best,
    Ralph