RM Server 7.5

sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
edited November 2018 in Help

hi...can you please confirm that upgrading from RM7.4 to 7.5 is just an EAR file replacement and not a complete new install?  That's what the download page says but I just want to make sure.

Thanks.

Scott

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Solution Accepted

Hi,

indeed, 7.4 -> 7.5 is just the ear file :)

Anything earlier -> 7.5 requires the installer.

Regards,

Marco

• JEdwardJEdward RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 578 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted

@sgenzer yes I can confirm it's just an ear you need as I upgraded our development one with no issues.  

Answers

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

I'm 99% confident that it is just an EAR replacement but let me double check with Development. 

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

awesome.  Thanks all.  I will also update the AWS RM Server public AMI that I am maintaining if anyone is interested.

Scott

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

ok first update went well...only one minor thing.  I notice that in System Settings, the com.rapidanalytics.version.configured remains unchanged to 7.4.000.  Should I change this manually to 7.5.000?

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering

Hi,

that is only used internally to determine if after an upgrade of RM Server there needs to be a migration of sorts to accomodate for some changes. As there were no such changes this time around, the version is not bumped.

You can safely ignore that :)

Regards,

Marco

Hi,

and to preemptively add to this: You can also upgrade to RM Server 7.5.1 with just replacing the .ear file (both from 7.4.0 directly as well as from 7.5.0)

Regards,

Marco