RapidMiner Cloud = RapidMiner Server

jimkitzjimkitz Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help

Does RapidMiner Cloud have all the same functions as RapidMiner Server?

Are there any differences other than RapidMiner providing the hardware and the hosting?

Thank you :-)

Tagged:

Answers

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

RapidMiner Cloud is really a RapidMiner Server in the cloud. RapidMiner Cloud doesn't give you the dashboarding, REST API, and process-scheduling capabilities that RapidMiner Server gives you.

• jimkitzjimkitz Member Posts: 4 Contributor I

@Thomas_Ott wrote:

RapidMiner Cloud is really a RapidMiner Server in the cloud. RapidMiner Cloud doesn't give you the dashboarding, REST API, and process-scheduling capabilities that RapidMiner Server gives you.

Thank you, Tom.

Can you set up Hadoop in RapidMoner Cloud?

With appreciation,

Jim

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

No you can't. You could set up a Hadoop instance on AWS and then connect RapidMiner Studio and Radoop to it. 

• jimkitzjimkitz Member Posts: 4 Contributor I

@Thomas_Ott wrote:

No you can't. You could set up a Hadoop instance on AWS and then connect RapidMiner Studio and Radoop to it. 

Thank you, Tom.

BTW, I enjoyed your videos about using RapidMiner for stock price predictions.