Options

[SOLVED] RapidMiner Server Upgrade Instructions

mrmikevmrmikev Member Posts: 13 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
I've searched quite a bit, but I've not found instructions on upgrading RapidMiner server on Ubuntu from 2.3 to 2.4.

Is it a matter of uninstalling and re-installing?  Installing over the top of the current installation?

Any help is appreciated

Cheers,
Michael
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    JEdwardJEdward RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 578 Unicorn
    This is the way I do it. 
    • First, stop the server running and backup the database that rapidminer is pointing at.
    •    
    • Next rename the current rapidminer-server folder to something like 'rapidminer-server_backup'
    • Then run the newly downloaded installer.
    • At the point where it asks for a database connection point at your existing rapidminer database. 
    • Next copy any plugin jars across from the old server to the new one.
    And that's it, upgraded! 
    • Finally start the new server & test to ensure everything is as you wanted. 
    If you have a non-standard setup then these instructions might need a slight tweak to suit your needs, but generally not too much.  If you do need to tweak then you can revert to your backup and update the new server config at your leisure. 

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    mrmikevmrmikev Member Posts: 13 Contributor II
    Thank you!  That appeared to work.  :)
  • Options
    mdibartolomdibartolo Member Posts: 7 Contributor II
    Hello JEdward,
    we followed your instructions to upgrade from 2.3 to 2.4.
    At the end, after starting the rapidminer service, I opened the web console but no changes happened.
    I expected that a script started to modify the database  but it didn't.
    Looking at System Settings >> com.rapidanalytics.version.configured I still read 2.3.00.
    Did I miss something to finalize the upgrade ?

Thanks for any help
    Massimiliano
  • Options
    JEdwardJEdward RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 578 Unicorn
    Hi Massimiliano,

Sorry for the late reply, but I've just been logged back in after a period away. 
    I hope you got it sorted.  The other recommended option for upgrade is to change the RapidMiner Server EAR file so it is the latest version then restart.