Server installation problem

micheljanosmicheljanos Member Posts: 40 Maven
edited November 2018 in Help

I was using rm server in windows 10 with no problems, but after updating windows 10  the rm server failed to connect. I try to reinstall the server  but get the following error

"

The rapidminer server 7_5_1 was initiated in thhe local computer and interrupted.

Some services are automatically  interrupted if they are not being used by other services or programs.

"

The steps of my installation are attached.

Best Answer

• Edin_KlapicEdin_Klapic Moderator, Employee, RMResearcher, Member Posts: 299 RM Data Scientist
    Solution Accepted

Picture 7 states that some addresses / ports are already in use by other software and can therefore not be used for RapidMiner Server.

Did you reinstall the Server as Service and also execute the standalone.bat file?

This would mean that you started the Server two times ;)

Did you try to login to RapidMiner Server with your Browser?

Best,

Edin

Answers

• Edin_KlapicEdin_Klapic Moderator, Employee, RMResearcher, Member Posts: 299 RM Data Scientist

Hi micheljanos,

since it seems that RapidMiner Server has been installed successfully and the Server has been started, could you please share the server.log file?

It is located in the subfolder /standalone/log of your RapidMiner Server installation folder.

Best,

Edin

• micheljanosmicheljanos Member Posts: 40 Maven

Hi Edin,

There is nothing there.

See attached.

Michel

Hi Michel,

would you please start RapidMiner Server manually? Therefore you need to execute the file standalone.bat which is located in the subfolder /bin of your RapidMiner Server installation directory.

Afterwards there should be a server.log available.

Best,

Edin

Edin,

When I do that i get the attached error

Michel

Hi Michel,

I think we are close to the solution.

First of all I just realized that RapidMiner Server has been installed with a 32-Bit version of Java 8. I can see that because the installation path is C:\Program Files (x86)\.. If you want to use more than 4GB of Memory you need to install the 64-Bit version.

Other than that in Picture 1 of your installation screenshots you told RapidMiner Server to use up to ~20GB of RAM (Max memory).

Does your computer have that?

Afterwards you can either reinstall RapidMiner Server using the 64-Bit Java version (which I recommmend for simplicity) or edit the configuration file.

If you want to edit the file I let you know where and how. Just let me know.

Best,

Edin

Hi Edin,

Sorry but still not working. Now I get something in the log file and an error. (see attached)

( Yes, I have 24 Gb)

thanks,

Michel

• sheelakasbekarsheelakasbekar Member Posts: 9 Contributor I

yes i did twice.. i am tpo download since a week