Options

Sharing a process on these boards

stevefarrstevefarr Member Posts: 93 Maven
edited November 2018 in Help

While replying or asking question if you need to  share RapidMiner process, then you should export the process using File(Menu) >> Export RapidMiner process

That saves a file with rmp extension

Then you can upload the file instead of pasting XML

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn

Hi Steve,

it seems to me, that your suggested process is involving many more steps for users of both sides: Instead of pressing CTRL + A and CTRL + C in RapidMiner and CTRL + V here in the editor, I would need to do lots of clicks when posting a process. And again as someone who wants to try they also would need to download and import the file, twice going through all the directories instead of simply copying. Where's the benefit of that?

I think it would be cooler, if there's a special function on this board, that takes pasted processes and turns it into a rendered (perhaps interactive) image of the process and allows users, especially unexperienced ones, to open it in RapidMiner with a click on it. Wouldn't something like that be possible wih a bit of JavaScript trickery and a webservice for rendering the process?

Greetings,

Sebastian

• Options
    JEdwardJEdward RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 578 Unicorn

Hi Sebastian & Steve,

That sounds like a great idea with the upload + preview.  What would be even cooler is if it linked directly into RapidMiner itself! 

Something like the MyExperiment community extension, you upload a process there and it adds the preview image automatically & it all becomes searchable. 

Maybe the makers of the myExperiment extension would allow a fork to be made which can connect directly to the RM forums & knowledge base?  It would a cool feature. :)

John

--

RapidMiner China

www.rapidminerchina.com

• Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,509 RM Data Scientist

Sebastian,

Where's the benefit of that?

I think the keypoint is the easyness to accsess it for new users. For advanced and power users the XML way is the fastest and most convinient way to go. For a new user File->Export is way more convinient because he knows it from programs like Word or Preview.

Thus I am fine with the RMP solution. Simple tradeoff decision ;-). It also makes posts a bit better readable. 

John,

good idea! Steve will propably put that one on the list of enhancements to make the community an even better expierence (or he already had it on it). There are some things planned to connect community and studio even more. Obviously i cannot talk about this.

Best,

Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany