Options

RM rebranding

sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi...is there any way in the app "Edit Branding" section of RM server to change the web page title and favicon?  Or can you please show an example of the file "/configuration/branding/Branding.xml"
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn

Hi Scott,

unfortunately the Branding does only allow you to change the CSS Layout of a server page to my knowledge. Neither favicon nor webpage title are part of the layout of a page and can't be changed by CSS.

However, there might be two worarkounds that can be of help:

1. You can use a custom Java Script function within your Web Apps to replace it. While easy, the downside is that it will only be applicable AFTER the user has successfully logged in.

2. One might use the Deployment Overlays of JBoss to replace the favicon file that RapidMiner uses with your own. However, this will only work with considerable effort for the page title, as this would need to be replaced within the html template files of the server.

Greetings,

Sebastian

• Options
    JEdwardJEdward RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 578 Unicorn

Hi Scott,

Whilst there's no way in the app it is possible to edit the branding overall. 

Please note: I have not checked fully if this breaks any licence agreements so please check with your friendly local RapidMiner rep if using in production.   I just wanted to demonstrate that it's possible.  :smileytongue:

• Shutdown your server & make a backup.
    • Now in the installation directory find the file: /standalone/deployments/rapidminer-server.7.1.0.ear and rename it to .zip
    • Extract it & open the resulting directory.  Look inside for the file: /rapidminer-server-war.war and rename it to .zip
    • Inside this directory you will find the html templates & icons for all the default RapidMiner layout. 
    • Go wild!  (well don't go wild, wild; it will break things.  However minor changes once you're familiar with the layout are possible.) 
    • Finally reverse the steps by zipping everything back up as though nothing happened.
    • Restart the Server & marvel at your new layout & icons. 
  • Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn

Hi Edward,

interesting solution. Did you by chance try to combine that with JBoss Overlays so that changes (might) survive updates of the RapidMiner ear? Do you know if that works now? I once tried and it didn't work due to a bug in JBoss, but perhaps there is now a more current version that solved it. 

Greetings,

Sebastian

• Options
    JEdwardJEdward RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 578 Unicorn

I haven't tried with JBOSS overlays, I just manually unzipped & edited the files about 30 minutes ago for giggles

You are correct, my changes wouldn't survive ear updates.  :smileywink:

--

John

RapidMiner China

RapidMiner Consulting, Sales & Training in China - www.rapidminerchina.com