RapidMiner Server not starting

madstedersenmadstedersen Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help

Hello Rapid Miner Community

i have problem to run my rapidminer server . i installed rapidminer server completely and successfully but it is not start when i open "standalone.bat" then i get an error i don't understand why this occur so please help me ! i attached error snapshot .i hope you will response as soon as possible .Thank You

Tagged:

Answers

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering

Hi,

the reason is that Java cannot allocate the memory specified by -Xmx (2048 megabyte in this case).

This can be for a number of reasons, e.g.:

• Running on a 32-bit system
    • Not enough free continuous memory because of hardware limitations or because other software has allocated it already

See for also here.

Regards,

Marco

• victor_loh95victor_loh95 Member Posts: 2 Contributor I

I am having the same problems...so yeah..whats the solution? I dint see any solution on the link you shared either. Sorry, I really need to get this work immediately and I am new to all these things... Thanks a million

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering

Hi,

as already said, the reason is that for some reason RM Server got assigned more memory than your OS is prepared to give.

So to quickly fix that, go to the RM_SERVER/standalone/configuration folder and edit the max-memory.conf file. This file contains the max memory used by RM Server. For example, it could say "30333M". That would be 30,333 megabytes of memory. You can reduce that number to something that works for you. After editing the file, start RM Server again.

Regards,

Marco 

• ayisheshim_bogaayisheshim_boga Member Posts: 5 Contributor I

i am facing the same error please no answer for this clear ....dear u solve this

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

hello @ayisheshim_boga - I believe this is a duplicate post and I already answered the previous one.

Scott