"RapidMinerServer and Postgresql in AWS"

ChikoChiko Member Posts: 26 Maven
edited June 2019 in Help

Hi,

I have a weird problem with RapidMiner server and Postgresql hosted in AWS. Basically , sometimes processes fail to fetch/read data from a postgresql database giving the error:

SEVERE: Process failed: com.rapidminer.operator.UserError: Cannot retrieve repository data from entry '//DB/advancedanalytics/Example Sets/analytics_data.conditions'. Reason: Requested repository DB does not exist..

The trouble is if I ran the same process on RapidMiner studio, it executes successfully and at some point the problem would clear by itself on RapidMiner server.

Is there a known problem on RapidMiner server and postgresql connectivity?

Thanks.

Best Answers

• BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted

Hi!

I use PostgreSQL with a RapidMiner server all the time. Both local and remote databases. 

You're loading the example set from the //DB virtual repository. Could you try to use Read Database instead? It would at least give you better error messages.

• ChikoChiko Member Posts: 26 Maven
    Solution Accepted

It appears Read Database works well if the "use default schema" checkbox is disabled and then one explicitly states which schema to use.

Answers

• ChikoChiko Member Posts: 26 Maven

Hi Balazs,

Thanks for your suggestion. Read database gives a similar error, as you said it gives a better error message - it tells me the relation/table does not exist, however I can actually access this table in pgAdmin and also the same process runs in RapidMiner studio, so it has got to be something to do with RapidMiner server.

error message:

SEVERE: Process failed: com.rapidminer.operator.UserError: Database error occurred: ERROR: relation "conditions" does not exist

It just baffles me.

• BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn

Good to know. Thank you for providing the solution. 

I never had problems like this with a non-cloud PostgreSQL database. Maybe the Amazon stuff is doing something behind the scenes that sometimes fails.

Regards,

Balázs