Options

[SOLVED]The dummy operator Publish to App cannot be executed

mdibartolomdibartolo Member Posts: 7 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi, I'm getting the following error when I try to execute the process on the server :

"The dummy operator Publish to App (replacing publish_to_app) cannot be executed"

Can you help me to solve the issue ?

Thanks in advance
Massimiliano
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

you're running a process created with RapidMiner Studio 2.2 or newer on old RapidMiner Server (probably 2.1 or older). For the "Publish to App" operator to be available on the Server, it must be version 2.2 or newer.

Regards,
    Marco
  • Options
    Hi Marco,
    thanks for your reply. I supposed that it was the cause.
    Currently I'm running RS Studio 6.2 on an old RapidMiner Server version 2.0.003 (at least it's what I can read from the "com.rapidanalytics.version.configured" property).
    But it's strange because yesterday I downloaded and installed the last server version from the RapidMiner's web site.
    I installed the server on a Windows 7 virtual machine, just overwriting the directory and database of my preceding installation.
    Probably "overwriting" is not the proper way of doing the upgrade ...

Regards
    Massimiliano
  • Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

the file structure has changed between Server 2.0 and 2.2. In the future, most of the time it should be sufficient to only update the .EAR file and nothing else. However for an upgrade from 2.0.x to 2.2 you need to install it to a new folder or delete the old folder beforehand. Using the old database on the other hand is completely fine.
    On a side note, Server 2.3 will be released very soon, so you might want to wait until it is available. Otherwise your Server will be outdated again ;)

Edit: RapidMiner Server 2.3 has just been released :)

Regards,
    Marco
  • Options
    Marco,
    thanks for you support.

Ciao
    Massimiliano
  • Options
    Hi,

see my edit. 2.3 has just been released :)

Regards,
    Marco