Where can I find / store physical content ?

kaymankayman Member Posts: 662 Unicorn
edited November 2018 in Help

On my desktop processes I am using some external csv files to do replace functions etc. If I want to run the same process on the server I need to be able to access to the same files on the server, but where do I store these? Can I just use the actual location or do I need to use the /myServer/home/[user]/ logic ? If so, where is this location ? (using Windows)

Also, where can I find the actual repositories? I like to make a backup on regular base but cannot find the data back. 

Tagged:

Best Answer

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist
    Solution Accepted

Hi,

the server files are located in the server backend. Of course they are not downloaded.

For the file - did you consider a network drive or sshfs?

~Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany

Answers

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist

Hi,

why don't you use the server repo? 

For the local files, they are located at C:\Users\USERNAME\.RapidMiner\repositories\REPONAME on windows.

~Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • kaymankayman Member Posts: 662 Unicorn

Several reasons, proxie is a drag, and sometimes I am not connected to the server, so I want to be able to work with a local copy when trying out new stuff.

Also, just from safety point of view I want to be able to create a backup every now and a while from my server data and syncing files by copy pasting them isn't very fast.

Now, the folder you mentioned is only containing my local (desktop) files, not my server repositories. So where are these?

And if I want to connect to a local (say csv file) on the server as I do on the desktop, what would be the path to use?

• kaymankayman Member Posts: 662 Unicorn

Yeah, figured out in the meantime the data is stored in the database and not on disk as with the studio version. Since I run both on the same pc (localhost) it could have been handy if the server data was also stored on disk rather than in the database. But I understand the logic behind this.

• JEdwardJEdward RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 578 Unicorn

If you really want to store it on the disk of the server then you can use the legacy result acces 'Write' operators and write the data to disk rather than repository.

Please note, this might be slow depending on your HD speed and a database store & retrieve is likely to be faster.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><process version="7.3.000">
    <context>
    <input/>
    <output/>
    <macros/>
    </context>
    <operator activated="true" class="process" compatibility="6.0.002" expanded="true" name="Process">
    <process expanded="true">
    <operator activated="true" class="retrieve" compatibility="7.3.000" expanded="true" height="68" name="Golf" width="90" x="112" y="75">
    <parameter key="repository_entry" value="//Samples/data/Golf"/>
    </operator>
    <operator activated="true" class="legacy:write" compatibility="7.3.000" expanded="true" height="68" name="Write" width="90" x="313" y="75">
    <parameter key="object_file" value="D:\golf"/>
    </operator>
    <operator activated="true" class="legacy:read" compatibility="7.3.000" expanded="true" height="68" name="Read" width="90" x="313" y="210">
    <parameter key="object_file" value="D:\golf"/>
    <parameter key="io_object" value="ExampleSet"/>
    </operator>
    <connect from_op="Golf" from_port="output" to_op="Write" to_port="object"/>
    <connect from_op="Read" from_port="output" to_port="result 1"/>
    <portSpacing port="source_input 1" spacing="0"/>
    <portSpacing port="sink_result 1" spacing="180"/>
    <portSpacing port="sink_result 2" spacing="0"/>
    </process>
    </operator>
    </process>