Options

Which Rapidminer product I need to use to do these task?

nhsonnhson Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help

Hi guys, I am pretty new in this Rapidminer thing, and I would love to ask you guys some questions regarding the setup I need.

I am currently using a Ubuntun server using Vagrant and running Mongodb and Elasticsearch as main database. I have a web app and I need to display the result of Rapidminer onto the frontend. I am able to use Rapidminer studio to connect to the mongodb and generate the information I need but I am clueless of how to get those on this Linux machine.

Which product/ server should I look into and if you can please be specific as possible. Thanks a lot guys. 

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Options
    JEdwardJEdward RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 578 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted

Hi nhson,

You don't need RapidMiner Studio on the same machine as your RapidMiner Server.  Once installed you login to the server through a web browser (or RapidMiner Studio on a different machine.)

• Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,507 RM Data Scientist
    Solution Accepted

Hi nhson,

Studio and Server work together. There actually to types of interaction with the server:

a) Via Studio: You design all your processes on your Desktop with Studio, but you connect with your studio to the server. The server offers you a repository very similar to the local repository. You simply store your processes in this repository. Thay way they live there. Then you can trigger a run of this process on server or a cron schedule from within studio.

b) Via the Webinterface: Server is also offering you a webinterface. This webinterface can be used for admistration but also to define webservices. Webservices are in it's core processes you define in RM Studio. Every process can act as a webservice and returns you the upper most result port. The webinterface is also used to design web-apps. In web-apps you also use processes you have built in RM Studio. In the RM-Server webinterface you simply design how the results of your processes will be displayed.

What ever you do, the core of everything is a RM process you designed in studio. Thus you usually install Studio on your Desktop and Server on the (headless) linux machine. It (nearly) no sense to install studio on a headless machine.

Best,

Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany

Answers

• Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,507 RM Data Scientist

Dear nhson,

all our products run on every major OS (though Mac Server is not officially supported). So you can ofc install studio on your Ubuntu server.

However. What you need to is the RapidMiner Server to either built a Dashboard/Web-App in RapidMiner Server or use the webservice to connect another tool (e.g. QlikView or a self-built HTML5 dashboard) with the server. The Server is of course our commercial product but it is also part of the academic program.

If you need to be connected to our sales team leave me a note or write me a PM.

Best,

Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Options
    nhsonnhson Member Posts: 3 Contributor I

Hi mschmitz, I am impressed by your quick reply, but I still have some questions regarding the problem.

My Ubuntu/ Linux machine is a headless machine with no GUI.

1/ Does Rapidminer Server requires Rapidminer studio to to my requirements?

2/ Can I install Rapidminer studio on this headless machine?