Options

4.2 DatabaseExampleSource problem

haddockhaddock Member Posts: 849 Maven
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi!

I've just upgraded to 4.2 and find that a DatabaseExampleSource that worked fine under 4.1 now produces the following error..

P Jul 16, 2008 2:43:53 PM: [Fatal] UserError occured in 1st application of DatabaseExampleSource  (DatabaseExampleSource)
P Jul 16, 2008 2:43:53 PM: [Fatal] Process failed: Database error occured: The fetch size cannot be negative.

Furthermore if I use the configuration wizard no tables get picked up. I've tried both the MS and JTDS  SQL drivers and get the same result. Does anybody know what causes this behaviour?

Answers

• Options
    alxalx Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
    Which database are you using?

I hit the same problem with PostgreSQL today. Obviously, a MySQL specific hack leaked into the DatabaseHandler class. The fetch size is set to Integer.MIN_VALUE unconditionally. However, this is a very MySQL specific way to tell the JDBC driver not to fetch the entire result set and I would suspect DatabaseExampleSource to break on anything but MySQL.
  • Options
    Hi Aix,

I'm using MS SQL 2005  :( All very strange...

• Options
    IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Yip. This accidentally slipped in - working on MySQL most of our time and somebody (probably myself) accidentally checked in this hack. We are currently working on a workaround and will release it as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers,
    Ingo
  • Options
    Thanks Ingo and Aix, another bout of sanity doubting avoided  ;D
  • Options
    IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hi,

we just exchanged the files of the 4.2 release. Please download the release again from SourceForge (links are available on our web site - just use the normal download links).

Sorry again for the inconvenience.

Cheers,
    Ingo
  • Options
    NIce one Ingo - all runs fine now. Many thanks for such a quick remake.
  • Options
    You are welcom. And thanks for the response - good to know that it works on at least one another system  ;)

Cheers,
    Ingo