Adobe Analytics

rverma2rverma2 Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
edited December 2018 in Help

Hi - as a newbie to Rapid Miner, can anyone help me with pulling data from Adobe Analytics.  I need to know how to connect to the platform with my user account.  Thanks.

Answers

• Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn

There is no built-in operator to pull data directly from Adobe, so you'll need to use one of the other more generic options.  For example if Adobe allows you to export your data in csv files they can be imported into RapidMiner. Or if it has a simple API you can set up the "Get Page" connection to do that.  

Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts
  • JEdwardJEdward RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 578 Unicorn

I haven't used Adobe Analytics for a while.  I used to use it many years ago when I still referred to it as Adobe Omniture. 

The method used back then was to contact our Adobe account manager and get a daily CSV dump into FTP for all the hits. This was a lot of data and frustrating to me as I wanted to be able to interact with the visits near-live. 

However, it seems they now have an API which you can use to get data out live.  Have an explore with this link and use the GET PAGE operator in RapidMiner to test it. 

https://marketing.adobe.com/developer/api-explorer

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

thx @JEdward and @Telcontar120 for those posts.  I am in the process of pushing out a lot of pre-built processes that access data from the most popular APIs using either the Enrich Data via Webservice operator or via shell scripting (i.e. cURL) so the timing is good.  I will add the Adobe API to the list!  Any other APIs that people frequently use?

Scott

• Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn

Google AdWords and Google Analytics should definitely be on the list!

Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts
  • rverma2rverma2 Member Posts: 4 Contributor I

Thank you @sgenzer - that would be immensely helpful.  Please post when it is available.

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

ok so Google Analytics / AdWords is pretty straightforward but massive.  Do you have a specific request that would be of interest?  See https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/config/mgmt/v3/mgmtReference/.  It's all the same to me.  :)

Scott

Good morning @sgenzer:

I just noticed the release of Version 7.6 of RapidMiner - when do you think the Adobe Analytics API connector will be available?

Thanks!

hi @rverma2 - thanks for checking in.  It's on my list...I don't have an exact timeline.  However if you want to expedite the process perhaps we could collaborate on this project?  My guess is that you know the API much better than I do.  If you can send me a process and a link to the documentation, that would help a lot!

Scott

Hi @sgenzer - I am not much more familiar with the Adobe API, however I can provide some resources that I have been using.

Hope that helps.

hello @rverma2 - thanks for the information.  Yes I know that the API uses OAuth2 which is the tricky part here.  Otherwise I would have been up and running in 5 min.  :)  Thank you for the contact; I will certainly follow up.

Scott