"Bagging regression trees: Bagging and W-M5P"

nicugeorgiannicugeorgian Member Posts: 31 Maven
edited May 2019 in Help
Hello,

How can I apply bagging to the M5P algorithm, i.e., how can I use the operators Bagging and W-M5P together?

I use W-M5P to predict, by means of a regression tree, a numerical label based on polynomial and numerical attributes.

If I use W-M5P as an inner operator of the Bagging operator,

<operator name="Bagging" class="Bagging" expanded="yes">
        <operator name="W-M5P" class="W-M5P">
                <parameter key="M" value="10.0"/>
                <parameter key="N" value="true"/>
                <parameter key="R" value="true"/>
        </operator>
</operator>
then the process complains, saying that Bagging is not able to support numerical labels  :(

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Geo
Tagged:

Answers

• IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hi Geo,

the reason why this does not work is quite simple: in the current version, bagging does not support numerical labels (regression problems) but classification tasks only. I have just changed that and numerical labels are now also supported by bagging. You can access this imrpoved version via CVS (described here: http://rapid-i.com/content/view/25/48/ ). Users of the RapidMiner Enterprise Edition will get this improvement with the next automatic update. And of course this change will also be part of the next release.

Cheers,
    Ingo