Can't find Windowing Operator for time series forcasting in Rapidminer Studio 6.3 on Windows 7

User13User13 Member Posts: 155 Maven
edited July 2019 in Help
I am going through the book Predictive Analytics and Data Mining by Vijay Kotu and Bala Deshpande. I am trying to run a file I downloaded from the books website http://www.learnpredictiveanalytics.com/downloads.html. The rmp files are from a previous version. (I think one of the fifth versions) The file I'm using is 10_TimeS_10.2.2_simple_windowing_ts.rmp and it has a windowing operator in it. However, my version of Rapidminer is referring to it as a dummy operator.

When I try to run it I get a Process Failed Message that says, "The Dummy operator Windowing for Training (replacing series: windowing) cannot be executed. A dummy operator was inserted to replace an operator provided by a plug-in that is currently not installed. In order to execute this process, you must download the plugin."

What is the name of the plugin and where can I find it to get this to work? I'm having trouble coming up with anything. Thanks

Answers

• User13User13 Member Posts: 155 Maven
    Never mind, I looked a little more and found out I was looking for windowing in extensions to download and instead I need to look for "Series Extension." Once I put that in, it worked.
  • User13User13 Member Posts: 155 Maven
    Hello,

The extension you need is called the Series Extension. You can download it from the Marketplace either by accessing it via the Help Menu --> Updates and Extensions (Marketplace) or at the following link:
    http://marketplace.rapid-i.com/UpdateServer/faces/product_details.xhtml?productId=rmx_series

Thanks!
    Laura
  • armreanimatarmreanimat Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
  • Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

Not sure what's going on with your RM v6.3 install but I have the extension installed and running RM v7.3, I have the windowing operator.Β 

Β 

Do you have the extension installed?