Can't write AverageBuilder result from command line?

Legacy UserLegacy User Member Posts: 0 Newbie
edited November 2018 in Help

I can use IOObjectWriter and ResultWriter to write the results of an AverageBuilder to a file when I run the setup from the GUI. But when I run it from the command line, it fails with:
G Apr 28, 2009 10:24:09 AM: [Fatal] NullPointerException occured in 1st application of IOObjectWriter (IOObjectWriter)
G Apr 28, 2009 10:24:09 AM: [Fatal] Process failed: operator cannot be executed. Check the log messages...
The rest of the file works fine; just the IOObjectWriter or ResultWriter fails.

How do you write the results of an AverageBuilder to a file from the command line?

Here's the XML of the operators:

<operator name="AverageBuilder" class="AverageBuilder">
      </operator>
      <operator name="IOObjectWriter" class="IOObjectWriter">
          <parameter key="object_file" value="training_perf_%{t}.txt"/>
          <parameter key="io_object" value="AverageVector"/>
          <parameter key="output_type" value="XML"/>
      </operator>
I

Answers

• Legacy UserLegacy User Member Posts: 0 Newbie

Looks like a bug in Operator.java, getParameterAsFile():

lines 1123--

File parent = result.getParentFile();
    parent.mkdirs();
    What if getParentFile() returns null?

Sure enough, if I change my ResultWriter result_file to 'results/training_res_%{t}.txt', it works.

Where do I file a bug report?
  • IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hi,

this issue is fixed in the latest developer edition (as far as I know already delivered via the update server to the Enterprise Edition users) and will also be part of the next community release.

Thanks for pointing this out. Cheers,
    Ingo
  • RasputinRasputin Member Posts: 16 Maven
    I have the same problem with ResultsWriter and ProcessLog. Am I right to suppose that the bugfixes covers these operators, too?
    Is there already a release date for the next version of RapidMiner Community Edition?

-Rasputin
  • landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi Rasputin,
    it's already on it's way to the servers...It will be available for downloads within the next days.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • RasputinRasputin Member Posts: 16 Maven
    Thanks, in 4.5 it's working.

-Rasputin