"Computation on Dual COre machine"

vijaypshahvijaypshah Member Posts: 30 Maven
edited May 2019 in Help
Hi,

I have a Dual Core Macpro. When I run computation intensive process, I can see activity on one processor only. Is it possible to make use of all processors to speedup the process?
Tagged:

Answers

• IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hi,

multicore machines are currently only supported by operators from the Enterprise Edition of RapidMiner, not by those of the free Community Edition.

Cheers,
    Ingo

• vijaypshahvijaypshah Member Posts: 30 Maven
    Thanks! I will surely look in the possibility of Enterprise Edition. Are there any documents thats shows the advantage of running rapid -miner on multicore machines? Also, what additional operators are present in teh Enterpise Edition, is there any document that compares functionality available in free verison and enterprise version?

Regards,
    Vijay
  • IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hi Vijay,

we are currently in the process of finalizing three projects. After that we will prepare a brochure for RapidMiner containing more information about the Enterprise Edition and will also revise our web site. There it will also be presented which new operators are available in the Enterprise Edition. Great idea about the speed-up comparison: we will prepare a graph showing the speed-up for typical processes.

Just for now about some of the additional operators:
    • TransductiveSVM
    • ReportItemAdding (adds a result to a report, includes the configuration of the shown result, e.g. settings of plots etc.)
    • ReportWriter (creates a report for the added results in HTML, PDF, Excel, or RTF format)
    • parallized variants of operators supporting multicore machines including cross validation, feature space transformations, and parameter optimization leading to considerable speed-ups for processes containing these steps
    Some other additional features:
    • Report / Export of results  to PDF / HTML / RTF / Excel via new dialogs
    • automatic updates if desired via our update servers
    • support and ticket system with guaranteed response times
    • bug fixing guarantee
    You can get more information about the Enterprise Edition at:

http://rapid-i.com/content/view/113/128/

And, as I said before, we will also enhance these information and include also a comparison graph for the speed-up.

Cheers,
    Ingo
    I am just the single user? Do I need to purchase minimum of 5 license? or I could just purchase 1 license for Euro 500?

Regards,
    Vijay
    Hi,

right now we only provide the Enterprise Edition for at least 5 users. We noticed that often at least five persons in a company use RapidMiner and so this basic package is the best compromise between the desires of most customers and bureucratic overhead leading to a minimal price for this type of services.

However, since we got a lot of requests from single users who would like to use the additional features together with the automatic update service and the bug fixing guarantee - but are not needing the other professional services - we decided to introduce a single user Enterprise Edition with the next release. So please stay tuned and check our website.

Cheers,
    Ingo
    thanks!