Options

Data Analyst

mengkoon007mengkoon007 Member Posts: 30 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help

Hi,

I am new to analysing of data using rapidminer studio and have no idea how to start with. 

I have a training dataset as below which I have imported and the datatype shows polynominal.

• Date: 24/2/2016
  • Time: 5:54:46 AM
  • Employee: A888

I would like to analyst the following, not sure if it is possible. Can anyone kindly guide me? Thanks.

1. Analyst the pattern of each employee clocking to work
  2. Predict if the employee is a late comer
  3. Grouping employee into cluster based on time range

Answers

• Options
    Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

Yes you can do all that in RapidMiner. You have to use several operators like Aggregate, Nominal to Date, and Loop. This way to you can aggregate around different employees and loop through each employee. 

• Options
    Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn

You may also want to look at the "Date to Numerical" operator if you are interested in extracting information that will make recurring patterns easier to analyze and identify, such as the hour of the day of arrival, or day of the week/month, etc.  This is typically better to work with for these types of analysis than the raw date/time stamp data.

Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts