Data to Similarity Data Operator error

ChikoChiko Member Posts: 26 Maven
edited December 2018 in Help

I have recently upgraded from RapidMiner studio 7.2 to RapidMiner studio 7.5 and a workflow that has been working fine is now throwing the error "The setup does not seem to contain any obvious errors..." I have isolated this error down to the Data to Similarity Data operator. It takes in an example set and output a data table on the sim output port. It is this output that is rejected by any operator that is placed after the Data to Similarity Data operator. I have tried filter example, filter by range, generate attributes and store operators and none of these can take the output from the Data to Similarity Data operator. Is there something that has chanegd between 7.2 and 7.5 that I should take care of?

error.pngop.png

Tagged:

Best Answer

• AndrewAndrew RapidMiner Certified Expert, RapidMiner Certified Master, Member Posts: 47 Guru
    Solution Accepted

I tried it and looks like a bug. A workaround is to replace with "Data to Similarity" and "Similarity to Data"

Andrew

Answers

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

Well the big changes are the data core and more parallelization loops. I can't see your process before the Data2Sim operator. Are you using some kind of Loop operator?

• ChikoChiko Member Posts: 26 Maven

Not at all I am not using any loop operator. I have attached the process as an XML now. Suffice to say that it is something to do with the "Data to Similarity Data" operator. I have replaced the "Data to Similarity Data" with 2 operators "Data to Similarity" followed by "Similarity to Data" and the error clears though I do not get exactly the same result as I had wanted with the "Data to Similarity Data". 

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

Ah yes now I see it, your output and SIM port to an EXA port. That would give you an error. As you figured out, you need to use a Similarity To Data operator afterwards.