DataBase connection drivers not working in x64 version of RapidMiner

JayCarrJayCarr Member Posts: 23 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
So, I downloaded the 64bit version of Rapid Miner recently.  I completely uninstalled the 32bit version before installing it (or so I think, I ran it through it's uninstaller at any rate.) 

Now when I try and use Read Database I'm told that the system cannot find the JDBC:ODBC driver?  When I click on Advanced Options this is what I get: The ODBC Bridge (e.g. Access) driver could not be found.  No advanced options available.

All the other drivers seem to working fine when I click that same advanced button.  Any ideas what is going on?

Answers

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

you need a 64-bit Access version when using RapidMiner 64-bit and vice-versa.

Regards,
    Marco
  • JayCarrJayCarr Member Posts: 23 Contributor II
    Sadly, I'm not using it to access Access.  In fact, I'm using it to access an as400 iSeries from IBM.  It's just how things work around here right now, yeah I know that's not optimal...

I have a co-worker who is using 64bit Access to access this same connection, so I'm pretty sure the connection to the iSeries is 64bit.  But for some reason (that I still can't figure out), it won't connect for me.  (I've been getting by on a 32bit connection, but that option is starting to fail me.)

Any thoughts at all on how to attack this problem?