Options

Design view Freezes

wsherman21wsherman21 Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help
RapidMiner was working fine up until yesterday.  Now, every time I hit Design it freezes and does not return.  I've tried re installing the program with no favorable results.  Please help if you can!

Answers

• Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

sounds like something went wrong with the docking framework. Can you close Studio, navigate to the USER_HOME/.RapidMiner folder and delete or rename the "vlperspective-predefined-design.xml" file? The next time you start Studio, the perspective should have reset itself back to its default and it should work again.

Regards,
    Marco
  • Options
    wsherman21wsherman21 Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
    Thank you, but can you tell me how to get to that file?
  • Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

I'm going to assume Windows: Open your Windows Explorer, click into the right side of the location bar at the top so you can enter custom locations:

Enter "C:\users\USERNAME\.RapidMiner" and press Enter:

Select the "vlperspective-predefined-design.xml" file and delete it:

Start RapidMiner Studio again.

Regards,
    Marco
  • Options
    digitalfx2000digitalfx2000 Member Posts: 1 Learner I

In RapidMiner menu try View/Restore Default View, it worked for me with a missing Design View, maybe helps you.