Different results on diff. Computers with exactly same Setup and same Data

Fred12Fred12 Member Posts: 344 Unicorn
edited November 2018 in Help

hi,

I was using Bagging with Rotation FOrests with J48graft base learner... I used same parameter setups and same training/testing data.. however I run the process on differen PC's, on my home PC with better Processor but less RAM, and on another with small Ghz Processor but huge RAM...

I got 93.4 % on the second PC with more RAM, but on my home PC I got a result with 97.4%--- how can that be?

I noticed the size of the grafted J48 trees was much bigger, about the double the size... e.g about 1200 Trees, and on the other PC they had only about 600-800 on average size of tree...

why is that? I don't want to make my results dependable on the Computer that I use.. how is that even possible? 

Answers

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

Did you set them to the same seed?

• Fred12Fred12 Member Posts: 344 Unicorn

yes, I used same seed in Bagging (1992) and default Seed 1 for Rotation Forest, however, I could not set a seed for W-J48graft because there was no option for that.. maybe thats a reason? I wonder the results are still so different...