Distribution curves from Bayes model

bobdobbsbobdobbs Member Posts: 26 Maven
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi,

I've been testing out the Naive Bayes operator.  For my application, it is worse than an SVM, but does generate some interesting plots.

1) Is there some other data visualization operator that will generate the same plots as the Bayes operator?  It would be nice to see these graphs without having to train a learner.

2) What is the "Density" label on the Y axis.  I can't find any documentation about these plots and searching in google didn't turn up any results either.

Thanks!

Answers

• landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    yes this plot is available as plotter for every datatable in the result view. Just switch to the Distribution Plot and select the attribute. But don't get fooled by this plot! It always will show the normal distribution, fitted by maximum liklihood, regardless of the real distribution. Even if the datapoints are clearly separated only one distribution will be fitted!
    The density shows the density of the fitted normal distribution. For details take a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_distribution.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • bobdobbsbobdobbs Member Posts: 26 Maven
    I don't know how I missed that.

This really  helps me visualize the date and how it differs between the training classes.

THANK YOU!