ExampleSet2Similarity Operator

ShubhaShubha Member Posts: 139 Maven
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi,

As far as my knowledge, 'ExampleSet2Similarity' Operator can calculate the euclidean distance between each of the examples (rows) in an exampleSet with the other. But, what i need is to calculate the distance with one specified single row with all others and thats it, nothing else. How can i do it? Calculating all the distances and then deleting the rows which we do not need may not be an efficient way.

How better can this be done in Rapid Miner?

Thanks for your help,
Shubha

Answers

• IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hi,

this has actually been answered during the last days here in the forum, please use the search function. The basic idea is to iterate over the examples and calculate the similarities only for each combination for the particular example.

Cheers,
    Inbo
  • ShubhaShubha Member Posts: 139 Maven
    Is it this thread? http://rapid-i.com/rapidforum/index.php/topic,151.0.html

Here they say the "class com.rapidminer.operator.similarity.SimilarityUtil". Is this avilable in Menu driven options of the operator? I checked with the Similarity operator of the menu driven functions. There are only three operators but not the "Similarity Util" operator.

Or is it that its a separate java code? I dont understand java...

Dont know if the above said by me is making any sense?

(RM Version: 4.4)

Thanks, Shubha